Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Just new and a bit scared Rss

Hello everyone
I am 25 and just found out I am 9 week pregnant. I hear that the first 12 weeks are the most important.
Well i get worried about everything, like at the moment I am feeling really uncomfortable around my tummie sort of like a tightness feeling, is this normal?
I am proberly worring about nothing but I need some reasureance I guess.
thanks for your help.

Jolene NZ

Hi Jolene! Don't worry as I felt the same when I was around the 9 week mark...my tummy was tightning and I was just feeling a bit yuk! If you ever want to chat and rest your fears just drop me a line at j_n_blair97@bigpond.com would love to chat with you! I am 25yo too and have 2 lovely children! Best wishes and try to enjoy your pregnancy!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Hi
i am 22 and am expecting my second child and it's still daunting i think. I had morning sickness from the 8th week to the 16th week with my first and from the 5th week to the 8th with this one. The first twelve weeks is when the embryo is developing, like all the spinal cord and nerve endings connecting, so it is an important time. I was really worried because I couldn't eat anything because i felt off it all the time, but my doctor reassured me that it would be ok, just try not to stress. Easier said than done. lol.
Hi Jolene,

I am 26 and am 25 weeks pregnant, i am due on the 1st May, this is my first as well. I had morning sickness for 3 weeks solid, from the time I woke up to the time I went to sleep. It was awful, but one day I was at work and realised that I hadn't been feeling sick for that day and since then I was fine. I think it was around the 9th to the 12th week of my pregnancy, but since then I have loved every moment of it. I have been feeling her move for about 4 weeks now and they are getting stronger, so hopefully my husband will be able to fell her soon too. Dont worry to much but read up on pregnancy books that tell you from week to week what your body and baby are doing and that will put your mind at rest. You will start to think, "yeah" that's what I feel like and then you will know that is what to expect from your body and baby!!

Good luck and enjoy every moment of it - i am!!

Nadene
Hi Jolene,

I am 12 weeks pregnant with my second baby and find that the first 12 weeks can be quite uncomfortable as your body is adjusting and stretching and preparing for the growing baby. For most of us things settle down after the first trimester and we start to get uncomfortable around the third trimester. What you are describing sounds normal to me. I am sure evrything is fine. Keep up a healthy diet, drink lots of water and get some rest when you can. If you are really concerned about anything speak to your GP. I'm sure you are doing fine. And it is normal to be concerned. You will be a great mum.

Michelle smile
Hi Jolene, I am 32 and am pregnant for the first time too at 10 weeks. It is all a bit daunting and I worry about everything and wonder if what I am feeling is normal. I'm hoping to clarify a few questions when I go for my first visit to the obst. this afternoon. It really is such an exciting time. Best of luck.

Nicole NT

Hi Jolene, My baby is 9 months old now but I still remember my pregnancy well. I think every mother-to-be worries throughout thier entire pregnancy. Over the next several months you will probably feel all sorts of things down below as your body adjusts. I remember feeling sharp pains in my abdomen but was assured that as long as there was no bleeding it was fine, however if you ever feel that somethings not quite right call your doctor just to be sure. There is a great book called Up the Duff by Kaz Cooke that gives a comical yet informative week by week insight into pregnancy, you may find this reassuring.
Congratulations. It's an exciting time!
As most people have said, I think we all feel a bit overwhelmed at pregnancy. It is so new and different to not being pregnant. I've had four babies, and each pregnancy (and birth) was different.
Believe it or not, I didn't even know I was pregnant until 14 weeks with my first. The only real symptom wsa breast enlagrment. (I was being fitted for a bridesmaids dress at the time, and each time I went for measurements I was significantly bigger...but only in the bust! We didn't twig as to why (inexperience!), but the dressmaker wasn't happy!
Good luck with it all. I hope you can relax and enjoy what is a very special time.

Vic, mum of 4

Hi there jolene,
I felt that I was the only person in the world who was feeling this, all my friends (other mums) told me stuff and it just didn't settle me I felt as if no one knew exactly what I was going threw, I was constantly on the phone to my mum and the hospital matrons asking "is this normal" the amount of times I heard yes was not helping my anxiety but al I can say is that 'uncomfortable feeling' for me, was ligaments changing, I also got bubbles and as if my tummy had extra pressure. Now I am 25 wks through and absolutely calm and comfortable with the lot, I wish you all the best msg me if you want I am 24 expecting numba 1 soon, tancgurhl_69@yahoo.com.au all the best and don't be too cranky with your partner I was disgraceful better now

nearly there

Hi,
I am 23 and pregnant with my fisrt too. I am 16 weeks and found out when I was 3 weeks and anything worried me until I hit 12 weeks, I wont lie I still get worried when something doesn't seem right but I think it is natural especially for your first - I have a great Dr though and when I get more than a little concerned I just give her a call or go to see her I think that is important eespecially if you are really worried about something - it's better to be safe that sorry. So have you got morning sickness??? I was really sick for the first three months and now it is only once a week which I can deal with not like I have much of a choice. I purchased a book called WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOUR EXPECTING and it is really good. It should be able to answer alot of your questions. ENJOY YOUR PREGNANCY.
Shelley
hey jolene

i have a beautiful 3 month old little boy (my first) and the whole pregnancy thing was a bit daunting for me too. i had a lot of people around me who i could turn to for advice and my partners sister was pragnant at the same time (four months ahead of me), so everything that happened to me had already happened to her so i was aware of it all. the most important thing is to have a friendly, caring obstetrician; mine was great, and i always felt i could call if i had any queries or if i was worried about anything. i was one of the unlucky ones though, i had morning sickness from the word go until the end of my pregnancy (THE WHOLE 40 WEEKS)!! i dealt with it in the first trimester because i was sure it would soon pass ... but it never did. my sense of smell changed so much, i mostly got sick by different smells rather than anything else. the only cure i found (and it didn't help all that much but it did make me feel a little better most of the time), was to drink plenty of water. i'm not a big water drinker, but for the most part of the last four or five months of my pregnancy, i was drinking at least a litre a day!! good luck with everything, and try to not worry so much so that you can enjoy being pregnant (once you pop the bub out, you'll miss having the bump that you've grown accustomed to for 9 months)!!

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

Hi Expecting,

Im 25 years and 35 weeks pregnant. I remember being in the exact state of mind like you. Some advice people gave me was 'Don't Worry'. and that was the best advice because if you worry about every little bit of thing, you are going to find pregnancy very exhausting. All you can do is listen to what your doctor says (most times) and read a lot of books about how to keep healthy and in well being.

Also DONT LISTEN TO WHAT THE DOCTOR SAYS ABOUT MISCARRIAGE!!!!!!! In sorry to be sooooo blunt, but the doctor kept telling me that statistic about miscarriage and so forth that in the end, i ended up ignoring him!!!!! The scare the living hell out of you. Especially when you are 9 weeks pregnant and you are going through pregnancy for the first time.

And another thing as well. Something i did and i found it very helpful. Only learn what you need to know. Like for instance, if you are 12 weeks pregnant, dont jump into learning things about the labour. Thats one thing i realised and i just took each trimister as it came. Like in the 2nd trimister, you learn about the ultrasounds and how the baby kicks and so forth. I found learning things ahead of my time was scaring me to soon. Now im 35 weeks and im looking forward to the labour part smile

Just remember to enjoy ur pregnancy and take it step by step smile

DD, VIC baby due soon

Sign in to follow this topic