Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Premature Rupture of Membranes (PROM)

Premature Rupture of Membranes (PROM) Lock Rss

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this with their pregnancies?

I was 31 weeks 3 days pregnant when my waters spontaniously ruptured prematurely. I am now 33 weeks 3 days and baby is still hanging on in there. I have been admitted to hospital twice since this happened, but have since been discharged again. I have to go and get baby's heart beat monitored daily at the hospital, and do my tempreture ever 4 hours. I was on antibiotics, but have since finished that course of drugs.... I am still leaking (for want of a better word) amniotic fluid, but other than that, I feel great. The doctors can't find any medical explanation as to why my waters broke, it is just one of those things.....

Has this happened to any of you??
hey
my email is
[email protected] i have a site for premmies and parents with kids of needs would love u to join as they maybe a mum in this group that would be able to help u

karen,NSW, mummy to Caitlin Born 14 weeks early

Hi there

My little girl was born at 32 weeks 5 days. Like you my waters broke early, but they wouldn't let me go home at all!

In the end I was only in hospital for 3 days (thank goodness, I would have gone crazy otherwise). I was in active labour for all 3 days with only occasional pain relief so as not to drug the baby too much (ouch!). I was told that they would not stop the contractions as my waters had broken and that I could not go home due to the possibility of infection. I have 2 other children, so I was relieved when they decided to do a caesarian. I had an IUD still in place plus a strep infection so they thought the risk was too high to let me go on.

My little angel was born weighing 2.4 kg and only had to stay in hospital for 2 weeks. She is now 8 weeks old and 3.8 kg !

Just hang in there. Your baby has a fantastic chance of being 100% OK.

Also, the nurses told me that your body keeps on making amniotic fluid, so your baby is being well looked after. Just keep up your fluid intake.

Good luck and keep me posted on your progress.

Maggie - Dani 12.9.99; Keanu 8.3.01; Gabi 26.6.05

As a nurse working in a neonatal unit I can reassure you that it'll be o.k. You're 33 weeks now, even if you would need a cesaerean now because your baby is dry, it would have to stay in a neonatal unit but babies have managed to get through born at 23 weeks. I'm pregnant myself at 10 weeks and worried as well about a lot of things special because I've seen a couple of sick babies in my life but I'm trying to think positive and you've passed the critical state of an early,early premmie. Look after yourself

valais

Sign in to follow this topic