Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Pregnancy - Boy Vs Girl Signs

Pregnancy - Boy Vs Girl Signs Lock Rss

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on the many old wives tales about the differences in being pregnant with a boy or girl. I can usually pick by shape of belly - high and out front for boy, and low for girl. My cousin who has had 2 boys looks like her normal skinny self but with a basketball under her shirt! But i recently heard that sometimes the bubs heart rate (bpm) can signal boy or girl - slower for boy & faster for girl - has anyone heard of this one? Are they any other signs?? I have to wait another 3 weeks for my 19wk scan and am soooo curious to find out what we are having with bub#2, after having a girl first. I only had slight morning sickness with Danika, but this time its all day sickness and smells make me vomit. I am also eating food that i would not usally eat. Please help!

Karen, FNQ, Danika (May 03), Jarrad ( Feb 06), Ama

hey klm81,
i know what u mean about shape of bellies, everyone i know who has had a boy has been high whereas girls are usually low and more around the butt. everyone that is except me, i was so so high with jorjah it was like my belly came straight out from under my breasts! but,she was breech. in both my pregnancies i have had severe morning sickness vomiting up to 25 times a day but now im over the sickness i am also eating things i wouldnt usually eat and i am in love with orange juice which i usually hate!! so it will be interesting to see what im having this time... good luck let us know how u go

24 year old mum to 2 beautiful girls

Hi everyone!
I'm 32 weeks with my first bubs and was told at the 19 week ultrasound that she couldn't see any boy parts and was 95% sure I was having a girl....

Thinking those were pretty good odds, we told everyone and in came all the pink stuff!!!!

Then, last week at my checkup, the midwife said to me "So, you're having a boy?"
We both sat there gobsmacked and replied "No, were having a girl..." to which she replied "Ohhh" then went on to tell us about the low heart rate usually meaning a boy and that a study had been done to confirm it.

My first ultrasound the heart rate was 162, the second ultrasound they were in the 150's, but i'm not sure what the heart rate was at my checkup last week, it might have been 138.

So who knows?? Everyone keeps telling me that I look small and that I havn't dropped yet????

So now it looks like it will be a surprise, and if it is a boy.... a very pink one!!!

Oy Oy Oy!!!

1st bub "Ella" born 24/10/05

hi karen,

i have always been told the opposite to you, boys are carried to the back and lower and girls to the front and higher, but i know with my son i was all out front and low, now with my girl i am all out front and really high, i was told the same about the heart rate too. slower for boy faster for girl, but i remember and by looking up my medical records, both my pregnancies the heart rates were the same most of the way through, but good luck finding out more.

mel, qld, DS Tykeal 20/8/03 and DD Phoenix 2/9/05

Sign in to follow this topic