Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Car Seat Rss

Hi guys - apologies if you've already reda this in another section but I thought I'd post in here too as I know I check this section most frequently so maybe other people do too and that is why i haven't got any replies yet... either that or you are all at a loss like me as to what to do smile

Hi Everyone

I was jsut wondering if anyone had any thoughts/tips about what I could use as a lightweight cover over the top of the convertable car seat to stop my curious dogs giving too many kisses to bubs (and of course stopping scratches or worse)

I was thinking of an insect flyscreen type of thing that could slip over the carseat.

Alternatively i guess there are dog harnesses and we could strap them into the 2 remaining seats but neither my hubby or I (and the puppies too) would be too keen on that idea.

I have already bought one of those little rearview mirrors that I can stick on the back window to keep an extra eye out but hopefully you guys can give me LOTS more ideas.

Love steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Seriously, you should use harnesses for your dogs.
In a accident they would become potenially dangerous projectiles, not to mention that they would be killed.
Children don't like being strapped in either but you have to do it. It is the best thing for all involved, and if you had netting what would stop the dogs from jumping on the netting..?
Get the dog harnesses...
All the best smile
(I am due 2 days after you smile)

April, NT

Hi Steph,

I would recommend using one of those mosquito net covers that you buy for the pram. I would use that as any type of material could restrict airflow to the baby. If its a hot day, the baby could over heat. The nets have elastic around the outside so it would fit snuggly around the carseat or capsule.

Hope this helps

Nat
i agree with Mili, it would be very dangerous in an accident to just have your dogs loose in the car...... go the harnesses!
All the best x x x x

SaM, EviE NoV 03 AnD TuLLy AuG 05

Thought I'd give you guys a bit of an update smile I have the harnesses on them that they have on when we go for a walk and then a rspca seat belt clipped onto that and then into the seat belt clip.

I think rather than hating it they are just a bit confused by it all and will hopefully get used to it soon.

Wiht regards to the car seat though they haven't seemed one bit fussed by it. maybe when there is a little cooing baby in there they might have a bit on a look.

thanks for your replies

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Sign in to follow this topic