Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More

DRESS DILEMMA Lock Rss

GUYS HELP ME!
LIL EMILI IS DRIVING ME CRAZY SHE HAS A DRESS FETISH!
SHE LOVES TO WEAR DRESSES THAT’S FINE, BUT NOT WHEN ITS FREEZING COLD OR ON TOP OF PYJAMAS AND OTHER CLOTHES.
WHEN SHE GOES TO SLEEP SHE WANTS TO SLEEP WITH A DRESS.
WHEN SHE GOES TO MY MOTHERS HOUSE MY HUSBAND HAS TO PUT A DRESS ON HER TRACKIE DACKS…
WHEN I TAKE THE DRESS OF SHE SCREAMS….
ITS SORT OF FUNNY WHEN YOUR AT THE SUPERMARKETS AND YOUR DAUGHTER IS LAYERED WITH CLOTHES AND A DRESS ON TOP!
I WAS WONDERING IF ANY ONE HAS THE SAME PROBLEM..
I HAVE TRIED HIDING ALL HER DRESSERS THEN SOME HOW SHE WOULD FIND IT PUTS AN INNOCENT FACE ON AND SAYS
PWEEEEEEEEZ MUMMMMY DRESSSS EM EM EMMMMMMMM PWEEEEEEEEZ sad

emili 24/02/2005

i know its annoying but its a phase. id just let her wear the dress on top. its most likely her way of expressing her likes and dislikes. growing up and being an individual. oh and dont wory what other people think dowm the street. when i was a kid i wore pink cords and a red knitted thomas the tank engine jumper (i was in kinder and it was photo day).
isn't this phase a pain in the butt?! our DD is currently going thru a phase of only wanting to wear her dorothy dress - i swear people must think its the only clothes she has coz shes had it on non-stop for a fornight atleast! if she can't wear the dress she will settle for dorothy pj's but they are really not that great to wear out!

honestly i've just given up - lol not a good attitude i know but i figure its one less battle to have for the day. if its cold and we have to go out i put a long sleeve top underneath and a pair of trackies or leggings with it...lol i think she'd happily freeze.

maybe its preparing them for when they are teenagers - seems they all happily freeze their little bums off in the name of fashion grin
If you cant beat the dress fetish, compromise...
You can buy denim dresses at Target (they kind of look like overalls), an put thick leggings/tights on as well as a long sleeved top. That will keep her warm and its still a dress!
My daughter is the same with dresses.

She does love a pretty dress, and I must admit so do I.

She has a couple of denim pinafores and wears tights underneath and sometimes even a jumper, or just a skivvy and then a jumper over the top (so the pinafore looks more like a skirt.)

Its nearly Summer so you won't have to worry about it soon.
YEAH I GUESS IT’S A FAZE , HOPE SHE GROWS OUT OF IT SOON BECAUSE SATURDAY NIGHT SHE CRIED HER SELF TO SLEEP BECAUSE I TOOK OF HER DRESS AND PUT HER PJ'S ON I FELT SO BAD BUT IT WAS HOT AND STICK AND SHE HAD ICE CREAM ALL OVER IT.
I'VE TRIED THE TARGET DENIM OVERALLS DRESS WITH LEGGINGS AND A SINGLET BUT NO!!! SHE WAS DORSEY ( DOROTHY THE DINOSAUR)

emili 24/02/2005

Sign in to follow this topic