Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

nose picking Lock Rss

hi,
i was just wondering if anyone else out there had a problem with their child picking their nose and also sticking things up their nose. my 19mth old does it all the time, esp when he is eating breakfast, lunch and tea. it is only food that he is sticking up there at the moment. does anyone have any ideas how to stop it.

thanks

sevyn vic dob 5/4/04

Hello my 18 month old bloke also sticks his finger up his nose or our noses! But he hasnt began food or objects which is good! I dont tell him off i just take it out and say yukky and try to amuse him with something else! I know im not much help lets hope it is a short lived fad!

DS 21-04-04 & Due 16-11-06

My boy picked his until it bled and hasn't done it much since. I don't have any advice but I heard that kids eating boogers(sp?) is part of natural immunisation. The dead microbes or whatever are introduced to their system the way virus' are in their shots. Doesn't make it any less yuckky but it does move concern away from the picking and onto the sticking. Have you explained it would be awful if blocked forever and hold his nose closed while he tries to do things like eat & drink. I didn't try this as my thoughts go towards a small sharp slap on back of hand, but a lot of people don't approve of this tack so I wouldn't pressume to suggest it smile

Does the stuck food end up on the floor or is it like a chimp with a stick for ants, just a new tool for retrieving snot?

Robynne-69 DH-61 DS1-94 DD1-96 DS2-99 DS3&DD2-04

My 20 mo DD is now picking her nose all the time. She is pretty good at getting the boogers too. We were out in the car one day and my dad was in the front passenger seat. Tiffany was making noises as if she wanted to give Dad something, so he reached back, only to be handed a booger!! I killed myself laughing, and now check what she's giving me before I take it.
She hates anything on her hands, so there's no way she's going to pick up food and put it up her nose, thank goodness.
I'd imagine nose picking is normal, as they are exploring their bodies.

Paula - mum to Tiffany Sept 05, #2 due 11/4/08

Sign in to follow this topic