Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

June 2007 Toddlers Lock Rss

hey ladies i started a new post for us! since our babies are babies anymore they are little toddlers!!! its not fair they have grown too quick.

bri and sienna x
[Edited on 22/09/2008]

when do they become toddlers? is it an age thing or when they start walking?

umm not sure really lol i think its when they turn 1...

Hi girls, how is everyone?? hope all your toddlers are going well!! seems funny saying toddlers smile you are so right bri, it has gone so fast!

I can't get over how quickly riley is changing! he really understands what i say now, and will go and get something if i ask him and when i say lets go change your nappy he toddles off to his bedroom! when i say its noneyes time he runs and hides in the corner hahaha its so funny! He just loves books now and when i ask him where things are in the books he points at them, he loves doing that, thinks he is really clever LOL, so do i!! He is obsessed with trucks and buses, he squeals everytime he sees them and wants to read all the truck books! he is such a boy smile

the tantys seemed to have subsided a bit now, touch wood i haven't spoken to soon! and he has stopped throwing food which is a bonus! i get there quickly as soon as i can see he has finished and take the leftovers before he gets a chance to throw things! he is learning to feed himself with a spoon and is getting really good at it now! well spills half of it but is trying, cos we were getting to the stage that he wouldn't let me feed him so now he is really good!!

I dropped the morning breastfeed on monday, so i'm down to 1 now!! i will keep that up for a bit longer but would like him to be weaned by early december! he is getting so big now (12.8 kilos!!) so it is getting harder to feed him cos he is so heavy!!

We have got a long weekend in wa this weekend! so we are going to kevs brothers to watch the grand final tomorrow (bloody spewing the saints got FLOGGED last week sad I'm going for the hawks! We are taking riley to the zoo on monday, i can't wait, we wanted to wait until he could walk before we went, i know he will love it he adores animals!

Riles had his first blood accident last friday sad he fell over while playing on the grass face first into the curb!! he got up and there was blood everywhere, it was awful! luckily all his teeth were still there (hes got 13 now!) and it was a cut above his lip that caused all the blood! so he ended up with the cut and grazing on his chin and nose! it could of been alot worse so we were lucky!!

anyway, enough of my dribbling!! Where is everyone?? no-one seems to get on here much lately! would love to hear how all the kiddos are going!!

Have a great weekend all, luv Jodie & Rileyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi ladies, im new to this site. my little guy was born 28th of june- his name is Eli.
i totally agree that they grow up way to fast. Eli started walking at about 8.5 mths so i feel like he wasn't a baby baby for very long at all. which kinda suits me as i am 30 weeks pregnant. he is very independant wchich hopefully will be good thing when out next little one arrives. well nice to hear about other little ones that are the sme age.

Tanya

[img noborder]http://m1.lilypie.com/r5qfp10.png[/i

hey ladies nice to see you have converted to toddlerhood tongue

well we had a VERY bad night last night. we were out at a friends place having a few drinks and DP was playing with DD and showing her the german sheppard they had. when she started have a febrile convulsion. turned out later on that she had a temp of 39! i didnt even realise she had a temp sad felt really bad. so we spent most of last night at the hospital.

have been keeping up her panadol to keep her temp away as they sed she has a viral illness. it was the most scariest experiences in the world to watch your child have a convulsion.

so the docs sed that it is common in children under 5 when they have a really high temp the brain shuts down and that's why they have the convulsion. so now we have to keep a very close eye on her every time she looks like she is getting sick!

today she is better. being more herself which is a great relief. have been trying to give her water but she doesnt seem very interested.

well just wanted to keep u updated.

hi girls,
wow so strange coming into the toddler section!!
how have u all been?

jodie - toby is the same! if i say to him "have u done poos?" he gives me a big cheeky grin and grabs the front of his nappy, then if i say "can mummy change ur nappy" the cheeky smile returns and he shakes his head at me haha
well done for still breastfeeding! i couldnt imagine holding tobys weight to my boob for a feed and hes only 10.96kgs

bri-baby - how scary!! glad she is ok!

not much to report here,have my scan nxt week cant wait!
toby just had his 15mnth immunisations,he was so good and didnt have any side affects frm them which was great

how longer naps are ur babes having? tobys only having 1 a day for an hour and a half

hope u are all well
take care
haley and toby smile

hey girls,

yes was very scary indeed and not looking forward to it if it happens again. but she is back to herself again so thats a relief

sienna makes this really odd noise if i tell her "we need to change your nappy" and only then.

haley - good luck with ur scan!! toby sounds like a very cheeky little man smile glad he is doing well..

tanya - hello and welcome! and welcome eli!

jodie - wow good on u for still breastfeeding! how is rileys lip?

yeah i have been on here most days but havent posted much tho. just reading up on a few things.. like the convulsions coz they are so scary!!

anyways off to cook dinna. hope to hear from yous all soon
bri and sienna smile

Hi girls,

God bri, that must of been so scary!! i have a girlfriend whos little girl had one aswell, and she stopped breathing! i can't imagine how scary that must of been you poor thing, especially being out aswell!! so glad to hear she is ok!! So did they say it was a virus?? Did her temps last long? Rileys lip is heaps better now, his sores have just about cleared up! he falls over so much cos he is trying to run when he has only just learnt to walk haha

Great to hear from you haley! how many weeks are you now?? silly me, i just looked at your ticker haha god time flies doesnt it! are you going to find out what you are having?? i think i remember you saying you were?? riles is having 1 day sleep, around 12-12.30ish, anywhere between 1 hr 10 to 2 1/2 hours, its more an 1 1/2 hours lately though! Sounds like tobey is really growing up too! they are so cute at this age when they are understanding us aren't they! What 15mnth immunisations did toby have?? i thought the next were 18months?? I cant believe i am still breastfeeding either hahah i feed him the football hold so it isn't so bad, all his weight is on the armchair arm otherwise i dont think i could of done it at his weight!! i still love it though and will really miss our night time feeds before bed when he gazes up at me with those beautiful big eyes awwwwwww hahahaaha sook i am lol!!

hey tanya, nice to hear from you, look forward to hearing how eli is going!!

Best get off of here, packed to the rafters is about to start!! have a great night everyone Luv Jodie & Rileyxxxxxxx

Hi girls,

God bri, that must of been so scary!! i have a girlfriend whos little girl had one aswell, and she stopped breathing! i can't imagine how scary that must of been you poor thing, especially being out aswell!! so glad to hear she is ok!! So did they say it was a virus?? Did her temps last long? Rileys lip is heaps better now, his sores have just about cleared up! he falls over so much cos he is trying to run when he has only just learnt to walk haha

Great to hear from you haley! how many weeks are you now?? silly me, i just looked at your ticker haha god time flies doesnt it! are you going to find out what you are having?? i think i remember you saying you were?? riles is having 1 day sleep, around 12-12.30ish, anywhere between 1 hr 10 to 2 1/2 hours, its more an 1 1/2 hours lately though! Sounds like tobey is really growing up too! they are so cute at this age when they are understanding us aren't they! What 15mnth immunisations did toby have?? i thought the next were 18months?? I cant believe i am still breastfeeding either hahah i feed him the football hold so it isn't so bad, all his weight is on the armchair arm otherwise i dont think i could of done it at his weight!! i still love it though and will really miss our night time feeds before bed when he gazes up at me with those beautiful big eyes awwwwwww hahahaaha sook i am lol!!

Best get off of here, packed to the rafters is about to start!! have a great night everyone Luv Jodie & Rileyxxxxxxx

Hi girls,

sorry girls, blimin crying babies kept coming up so i didn't think i had posted smile

Sign in to follow this topic