Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

Gap in teeth Rss

Hi, Just wondering if any of your toddlers have a large gap between their two front teeth? My daughter has a farily large gap there and I'm forever getting comments about it (as if I hadnt noticed ..) Is this normal ?? Or do you know if its possible her 2nd set may be better?
Thanks
JaidasMum24

Jaida (6), Ameli (2) & Lacey (2mths) - SA

My daughter also has a large gap in her front teeth. I also did when i was her age and it didn't close until my wisdom teeth started to come in.

I'm told it's common and that in most case when the next set of teeth come in it will close up.

But don't worry, people with gaps in the front teeth are supposed to be lucky and successful - for example Madonna!!
Hiya,

Just wanted to let you both know my daughter also has a decent gap in her top front teeth. He teeth are not that big, so i always assumed it will close as she gets more teeth or her adult ones come thru!

I hope there is no need to worry, :~

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi,

My sister in law is a dental nurse and she says that it's good if kids have a gap between their front (baby) teeth.

Supposedly it means that there's a much higher chance that their adult teeth will come through nice and straight...and that they will not need braces.

I hope this is true. It sounds pretty sensible!!

See Ya

Michelle
I have a gap inbetween my two front teeth it was heeps bigger when i was a child than it is now due to when my adult teeth came through it closed it up a bit my daughter also has this gap, and i am hoping hers closes up more than mine did,

I have heard that if you have the gap it means you are either going to be a waderer (which apparently i was) or be rich,
when i was younger i thought it would be fun to see if i could fit a 50 cent peice inbetween my gap in my teeth and yep i could, this also is said that if you can do that it means you will be rich,
looks like these are old wifes tails coz iam certinly not rich, hehe but i was a wanderer so my mum tells me.

Ann - Mummy To Taneesha, Jesse & Hallie

Hi

I and my sister both had very large gaps between our front teeth when we were littlies.

Now that we are both adults we both have a problem with cramped/crooked teeth, therefore I don't feel a gap with baby teeth has much bearing on what the adult teeth will be like.

Kristi

4 lovely munchkins DD 10/03, DD 03/05, DS 10/06 &

I have a 2yr old, his teeth also has a large gap...i wouldn't worry to much, after all it's just their milk teeth...however as my son is getting bigger the gap is getting smaller, it's starting to close up...

melb,vic....2yr old boy

my 11month old daughter has a decent gap between her front teeth also and i was told what your sister in law told you also

19yr old 1st time mummy to ava born jan 7th 2004

Hi JaidasMum24 and every one else worried,
I manage a dental practice and let me assure you all you have nothing at all to worry about. Most children have a gap or gaps in their teeth when they first come through. You will most likely find the gap will close as they get more teeth through. If it doesn't close, it doesn't mean they will have gaps when their permanent teeth erupt. However, if a parent does have a gap in permanent teeth it may mean the child will also as gaps and crowding etc in teeth are hireditory. Hope I put all of you at ease!!!
Naomi

My babies are all grown up sad

yep! 19 m/o has a gap in his top baby teeth. But so does his dad with Adult teeth. I think its cute, he looks like his dad, so early on.

man child is growing up too quickly!

Sign in to follow this topic