for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Feeding your Toddler
  5. 2yr old that won't try new foods!!

2yr old that won't try new foods!! Rss

Hi,I have a 2 yr old son. I was a nanny for 5 yrs b4 I had him and I haven't come across a child the same nor do I even know anyone whos had the same problem as he does. He won't try new foods. He cries and screams at the thought of eating a biscuit,cheese,fruit,veges anything really. The only foods I have managed to get him to eat are toast and sandwiches but he will only eat the with vegemite(as soon as he sees it looks differnt he won't eat it),2 min noodles,lasagne,hot chips and baby food (purees). I'm at my wits ends. I don't know what to do.I've tried everything u can imagine from distracting him to amking his food look inviting and nothing seems to work. I have been referred to a physchologist by my GP in hope that they maybe able to help me. I have another months wait for an appt. Has anyone out there have or know of a child similar to mine???

Kylie,Qld,4yrold Thomas & 18mthold Brooklyn

Hi Kylie,

My adorable 20month old son is exactly the same..He too will only eat vegemite sandwiches. he will not eat any other meats except ham, he will eat most biscuits, loves cheese, noodles, hot chips, pasta meals. He will not even try any vegetables.

If you want to chat my email address is possum013@optusnet.com.au.

Sam, Brissie Mum DD 13, DS 10, DS 5 & DS 5 months

My little boy is exactly the same! I really wonder sometimes how is growing, as not only does he not eat very much but it is always the same thing. He wont try new things. It worries me aswell, especially when I see other kids eating everthing and anything! Hopefully it will be something they grow out of! I try to disguise things and eat them myself in front of him, sometimes it works, but most times not. Please dont think you are alone in this!

Fiona, VIC, 5yr, 3yr old and new baby

Hey thanks for your messages. I am starting now to think i'm not the only one. Why doesn't each child come with a handbook!! I'm sure he will grow out of it. Fingers crossed. thanks again

Kylie,Qld,4yrold Thomas & 18mthold Brooklyn

Sign in to follow this topic