Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

stopping breastfeeding Rss

Just a quick note asking all you breatsfeeding mums out there for a bit of advice for a friend of mine, yes really her not me I'm a bottle feeder from way back. She is trying to cut back and stop her 18month old girl and is looking for any advice, so he is hoping you can help. Thanks.

melanie,Qld

Hi, how many feeds is her girl having at the moment? I just cut back one feed at a time for a couple of weeks at a time and basically had no trouble but maybe you could post a bit more info and I could give you some more relevant advice

Kelly,QLD, boy 23.01.03 and girl 08.04.05

I weaned my little girl at 8 months and finished at 10 months. Using the way mentioned above. Cut one feed out at a time and give cows milk or formula instead. I went straight to using a cup (heinz baby basics are good) and skiped the bottle all together which was great just gradually is the best way as it is a big step for bub!

Mel,QLD, 3yr old Nikita, no. 2 due october

Hi

I have the same problem my 18 month old son is still breastfed and will not take to the bottle and any ideas to get him off would be great as i have tried many ways but nothing has worked he only seems to get more worked up.

Can you please let me know if you find anything that works. mandnspires@aapt.net.au

Thanks

Melissa
Hi Kita's Mum,

I'm trying to wean my almost 12 month old at the moment. She too, has been drinking from a cup for ages, so I'm going straight to the cup and missing the bottle. Currently I'm trying to change the midday feed from breast to cows milk. However, she's not really wanting the cows milk. Did your little girl take to the cows milk straight away?

Calli

Mummy of 2 little angels. 6/6/03 & 3/8/05 & No 3

she didnt at first but it only took about a week to take to cows milk but i put her on formula first from breastfeeding and she hated the formula so it was much easier to put her on cows milk. Maybe you could try a bit of formula instead you can get ones for over 12 months olds she may even like that better for a while other than that i think just keep persisting good luck!

Mel,QLD, 3yr old Nikita, no. 2 due october

Sign in to follow this topic