Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Feeding your Toddler
  5. recipes/good websites that involve recipes for people with cows milk allergies

recipes/good websites that involve recipes for people with cows milk allergies Rss

hi everyone,

i would really appreciate it if anyone would be able to give me recipes, or tell me about good websites/reference material that would help me find alternative ways of feeding a child with a dairy allergy.
you dont realise how much food contains dairy until you start looking at foods that a person with an allergy to dairy should and shouldnt be eating.
thanks.

Kristi 5 kids. www.familynfriends.forumwise.com

I do have some great muffin and cake recipes but I'm in Oz at them moment. I can forward them when I get back to NZ in early May. I got them from the Allergy Awareness assoc,
Also, look out for ways milk is hidden on labels ie. casein, caseinate, whey, galactose etc. Poeple with milk allergy should stay away from anything containing any of these milk derivatives

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

thanks for those helpful tips.
i gotta say, iwas shocked to read the ingreadients of fruit sticks this morning and found that they contain lactose-who would have thought!
kristi

Kristi 5 kids. www.familynfriends.forumwise.com

Yeah, most foods aimed at toddlers contain milk ie. rusks, canned spaghetti, those Heinz fruit sticks.
The Homebrand Apple fruit bars have no milk in them, Maya like sthose.

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

I went through the same thing when my daughter was taken off dairy products to help her asthma (she was very sick with it at about 9 months) I found the best thing to do was to make everything. I bought the 'easy yo' yoghurt maker to make my own soy yoghurt as it was much cheaper. Have you tried going to a health food shop and getting some advice? I found it very helpful. Plus my older daught goes to school with a little girl who is allergic to peanuts, dairy, egg etc so I got advice from the mother which was great. There are quite a few web sites and I would say the best thing to do is a google search.

Karen, 2 girls, 1 boy and 1 due edd 23.10.07

Sign in to follow this topic