Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

poo Lock Rss

i know ,not the best of subjects ,but my 2 1/2 year old son seems to always have runny poo, I thought it maby the milk so i cut it back to 2 it seem to help but the child care nurse said it may not be the milk dose this meen he has an intolerance to cows milk? dose and one have ethe same problem?

Dear Catherine

My daughter is just a tad older than your son, about a month back she seemed to have runnish poos for about 3-4 days. But it was from cutting teeth, maybe this is the same for you, it might not be cows milk.

Rachel, TAS (Paige 21/6/02)

Hi,

My son is 13 months old and he has had the same problem for 4 weeks. I took him to the doctors after a week and she sent a sample away and said that there was no bacteria present but gave him a dose of Flagyl for 3 days. That did nothing at all. Only yesterday I took him to a paediatrician, who said that if he's eating well, putting on weight, not fussy, then everything is fine. He called it "Toddler Diahorea" which he said was harmless and will go away as quickly as it came on. If you're concerned though see your doctor because it could be a bacteria that's causing the diahorea.

Mum to toddler

thankyou for your message, I feel a bit better about it no it must be normal thanks

Sign in to follow this topic