Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

Dressing blues Rss

hi there, my 1 year old daughter hates being dressed. It doesn't matter what kind of a mood she is in, good, bad etc, and if we have to dress her, she just grizzles the whole time we are doing it. She will help us to dress her by putting her arms into the sleeves, but she just grizzles the whole time. The same with nappy changes, I would say that 8 out of 10 times when changing her nappy, she grizzles, it doesn't matter if we distract her with toys or anything for her to hold whilst we dress or change her nappy, she still ends up grizzling. Because of this I try to get out of having to change her nappy or dress her as I know she's going to end up grizzling, so I end up getting her dad to do it, that's if he's around at the time when it needs doing! But most other times she's a happy little girl. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to make these more enjoyable moments for both her dad and me.

Mel, SA

my 15th moths old son hates hving things going ocer his hed he hs a big head so its probab;y un comfortablenot sure about the answer

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Hi Rick, I had a similar prob with my bubs so try to get her to choose her clothes to wear as in a game for instance sit her down and ask her if she wants to wear this one, make it fun for her, and with the nappies what ever she is into at the moment get her concentrated on that while changing her nappy.

Hope this is useful.
Goodluck.

angie, nsw, 2 1/2 yr & 14 months

Sign in to follow this topic