Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

Cradle Cap (17 month old) Lock Rss

Hi everyone

I hoped this hasn't been asked about recently.
I just noticed the other day that my ds has a little bit of cradle cap!!!
I was so horrified!!! I so know that it has nothing to do with washing and hygiene and stuff, but I still feel so horrible.
I think it might be from when I wash his hair and rinsing out the shampoo. He still is not fussed on having water poured over his head so I used to try and do it quickly to get it over and done for him.

Could that be the reason why?
What do I do about it too?
I have tried putting sorbolene on his head at night and then washing his hair in the morning. I don't think it is doing anything yet.

What have you done?
Is it still okay for a 17 month old to have it?
I thought it was more a baby thing....

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks

Hayley
its totally fine for them to have it, you can try making a paste of bicarb and water and rubbing that firmlyonto his scalp. Olive oil worked for us and then it just slides of his head. Bennett still has a little bit its soooooo not worth worrying about smile

Steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Hi Hayley
Don't feel bad - like you said - nothing to do with hygiene or anything. My boy had it when he was a bub (before we started using shampoo or anything so probably not that either).
We found that baby oil works a treat. Pour it into your hands, massage it into their scalp, and leave it for 15-20 minutes, then put them in the bath and shampoo their hair as normal. The process usually needs to be repeated for a few days to clear up, so the old saying "It won't happen overnight, but it will happen" comes in handy! (smiles)
Hope it helps......
Kerry

James' Mum

Sign in to follow this topic