Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Help! Nits! Lock Rss

My neice is staying with us while her parents are away, and ive just discovered nits in her hair. they are at the creepy crawly stage, and ive done her hair twice with nads foam and combing solution. ive washed all the bedding in the house and done everyone elses hair,,, BUT she still has them. ive spent hours combing her hair. Any natural remedies or help would be very appreciated.

The Deeks 07/08/02, Googie 23/11/04

having wokrked in Childcare, I have seen this a lot. Try slathering the hair in conditioner (can be the cheap stuff, and leaving for a while. Then using the 'nit comb' comb through the hair. The louse can't stick to the hair with the conditioner. Also, sitting out in the sun is the best way to spot them.

Good luck and have fun!!

Michelle
hi there,
i to have worked in child care and i also had my twin sisters alot and they were always craling with them so i bought a robi comb. its a little expensive but is a sure way to get rid of them.the robi come electrocutes the nits(no harm to the child at all they wont feel a thing)its a electric comb and its quick and simple,all you do is run it through the hair and it zaps the eggs and lice.it may take a day or two to get all the little ones but i think this is the better way as their is no smell,no need to wet the hair and its safe.another way is dampen the hair with baby oil,then comb, they cant crawl as its to slippery and the eggs will come off the hair with your fingers.this is a bit messy and be sure you have an old towel,and yes conditioner is good as well.to stop other children catching them try putting conditioner in a spray bottle with water and dampen your childs hair each morning as this will help prevent them sticking to your childs hair

hope this helps and good luck
seonee

(sony) mother and stepmother to five children

A couple of drops (no more) of teatree oil in the shampoo is also good. Followed by stacks of conditioner.

I also put baby oil through my daughter's hair once in a mad effort to get rid of them and it seemed to stop the eggs sticking to the hair.

Rere, NZ, mum of three

Hi
use the nit stuff then since that doesn't kill the eggs everyday for 7 days put condition in her hair and use a nit comb and comb out the newly hatched nits then on the 7th day redo with the nit stuff...... the reason for the 7 days is that is how long the take to hatch.
hope it helps

?Anni? QLD, Mummy 2 Courtney & Madisyn040.05)

Either tea tree oil or lavender oil in shampoo will help prevent return out break. Or else tea tree shampoo from health store or chemist. Another way is hair spray once a day as this stops them sticking to hair also. Have found you need to change treatment occasional as they do get use to it when regular out breaks ( girls school had a real problem last year for a while)
Most important is to use a nit comb as close toothed to get nits out (real pain on long hair), the conditoner is excellant for this combing

mum to 5

Thanks guys. i'll Try the tea tree oil and conditioner tonight. We live a fair distance from any shops, so i was hoping i could use something like that because its already in my cupboard. Plus ive spent abot $45.00 doing everyones hair so far. UGH! im itchy just thinking about them!

The Deeks 07/08/02, Googie 23/11/04

Sign in to follow this topic