Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

ideas needed Rss

i want to start toilet training my 19 month old son.
He takes off his nappoes all the time, so i buy pull ups. He has a potty he knows its there and he sits on it all the time but when he needs to go he gets up and pee's on the floor.
Please i need some help how can i get him to stay on it and use it?
Hi Alecia,

Sorry i have no quick fix solutions, but time will pay off eventually! I started with my daughter at 2, and only in the last week is she dry all day! We never pressured her, just encouraged her. She would sit many times and wee, but others she just forget or not care!

Just keep up the encouragement and guidence and he will get it all together when HE is ready!

Best of luck,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi,

When I started toliet training my son i would sit him down with a book and turn on the tap, running water helped him go quicker when he needed to go. Sometimes i would know he needed to go but he would not and then have an accident on the floor. It was just a matter of getting past that first stage, i would also sit with him at first to encourage him. It will eventually click and he will get the hang of it, my little boy it doing great.

Good luck
Tracy

Tracy NSW, 2 boys, 4 and 2

i have found that the best with my three kids (8, 4 and 18 months) is to either let them see another child on the potty (then praise that child like there is no tomorrow) or try using a "baby born" doll. You can give them a drink and then they wee. Most of all though patience is the best thing.
Good luck !!!!!!!!!!!! smile
hi alecia how is the toilet training going i am in the same boat as u only i have a girl who is 20months and another who is seven months i am finding it difficult because she will use the potty occasionally and the rest of the time she uses the floor i am hoping to get it over and done with so it will be easier with my other daughter. they say its harder training girls.Are the pull ups any good?

amii,nsw,mum of 2

Sign in to follow this topic