for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Toilet Training
  5. toilet training and pull-ups

toilet training and pull-ups Rss

Anyone got good experience with pull-ups for toilet training?

My friends suggested me to take the little one's nappy off to traing her. They said pull-ups will still not teach children how to 'hold'.

My two years old daughter is happy to go to her potty/ toilet, but she does not know how to 'hold'. Each time when she told me she wants her potty, she has already wet her pants. I do not mind to change her pants, but she is in a childcare centre from Monday to Friday. I do not think the staff over there will have enough time to do the same thing.

Any suggestion? Thank you very much.

xiaoxiaact

The staff in daycare centres are specially trained to help with toilet training and it is part of their job to continue in the same way you have started at home. Don't feel guilty about it - I'm sure your daughter is not the only one there who is not yet fully trained.
Also, don't fret too much, plenty of children are not toilet trained at 2 years of age, your daughter will eventually get it. Just be supportive and encouraging when she gets it right, and reinforce the potty when she wets herself, but try not to growl or stress about it as it might make her stressed about it and that makes it all harder.
Good luck.

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

Thank you emmy-lou. I will take your advice.

xiaoxiaact

Hi,

My son is almost 2 and also in daycare, but only 2 days a week. I am in the same situation, that my son has already wet when he tells me. I use pull-ups but only when I go out. I did send them to daycare with him, but money wise it's not really feasible and as emmy-lou said the childcare are there to help with toilet training. I use the pull-ups when I'm at the shops in case of accidents, I don't want to put a nappy on him and confuse him, as the only time he has a nappy on is at sleeptime, when I'm at the shops I still do frequent trips to the toilet.

Hope this helps a little..

Sam, Brissie Mum DD 13, DS 10, DS 5 & DS 5 months

Hi mummies,

I too didn't find the pull ups any help for toilet training. My daughter thought of them as nappies and proceded to wet them. She was fine wearing undies though.

I have found a use for them though, i use them on her when we have long trips in the car. I don't want to go back to nappies, so these are great in case she falls asleep!

Goodluck everyone,

Tepe

PS my daughter is now 3 and only just totally day trained, and no where near night training yet!

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi there

I just posted somewhere else about this very thing. I found Pull-Ups to be fantastic when I trained my DS, a virtually stress free experience. We just have to conquer the whole night time thing now.

As far as the holding thing goes the Pull-Ups teach them by the design on the pants(which is what my DS loved) because it fades away when they have done a wee. We used to do a sticker chart at the end of the day. if he still had the design then he got a sticker.

As far as child care goes they really should go along with what ever programme you put in place. Remember they have probably dealt with this heaps of times.

Good luck.

roy,mumof2,nsw

hi there,

I haven't used Pull-Ups myself, but a girlfriend did and I'm pretty sure she raved about them. She didn't start TT until her DS was about 2 1/2 years and she thought it was all over pretty quickly without much fuss.

I guess they're always worth a try. Anything to make our lives easier is what I say.

tired and feeling old

Well i tried one packet on my son and he just thinks their nappies, so i stoped using them.
altho i still can not get my son the hang of doing poo in the loo he just wont go grrr
Hi Missy moo,

Me too, i used 2 out of two packets i bought, and they went to preschool!! It's a shame they are sooo pink or i could use them for my son!!! my daughter thought of them as nappies and always wanted undies on!

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Sign in to follow this topic