Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More

night time training Lock Rss

Hi mums and dads smile

It's 4am and again we have dd in our bed sad we've started night time training again. It's been two weeks now and I know that's not a long time but I'm tired of getting up every night to change the bed or put her in with us sad

I have tried in the past unsuccessfully but I've been waiting until her nappies were dry in the morning to start again but they are never dry. She'll be four in September so I think it's time to make it work but unless I wake her three times a night to go, we have a wet bed.

Any tips please? I honestly thought this would just happen with time? (I'm trying to day time tt ds unsuccessfully at the same time so feeling a bit lost with it all as dd was super easy with daytime tt lol)

Thanks for reading wink x

I'm sure you are already putting her on the toilet right before bed but what about putting a night light in her room and a potty beside her bed and then encourage her to use that? Also limit the fluid intake before bed time...
mum2all wrote:
I'm sure you are already putting her on the toilet right before bed but what about putting a night light in her room and a potty beside her bed and then encourage her to use that? Also limit the fluid intake before bed time...

Great advice, thank you but I've been doing all that grin I wasn't doing the potty at first but thought it might be a good visual reminder but no good sad

Thank you- I'm happy for anything anyone can think of to be thrown at me, you never know there might be something simple I haven't tried!

Tallulahbelle, this might sound crazy but the bed wetting could be due to something your daughter is eating.

Check out the site www.fedup.com.au It's a food intolerance network which has detailed information about food additives, chemicals and preservatives and the problems they can cause for some people, especially kids. Have a read through the success stories and see if there is something you may have to eliminate from her diet.

Best of luck smile
Night time wetting is not something they have control over. Have a google about it and you'll see it is common even for 5 year olds to still wet. Its not something you can train them to do like during the day because they wet in their sleep. Heavy sleepers are the slowest to stop night time wetting as they are not woken by the urge.

In my opinion you should just put her back in nappies at night and wait till she's dry in her own time. My son is 4 next month and is only dry maybe half the time in the morning so still in nappies.

Hope that helps

You might find this article helpful too
http://community.babycenter.com/post/a921915/ni...

I think it's just a time thing hun, I'd stick with the nappies for a bit longer if I were you, you're a busy enough mama as it is without having to do extra washing not to mention how tiring having a little visitor in your bed at night! My friends little girl went from being wet every morning to not wetting at all pretty much over night when she was about 4 1/2, she thought it was never gonna happen and it did- all by itself in time smile
Hi tallulah smile I agree with pp's I think maybe she's just not ready yet and there is no shame in leaving her in night nappies for a bit longer. I nanny for a family where the 7 (almost 8) yr old still wets at night. night time wetting for a 3yr old is quite common I would think. Also I think you'll both feel better and more well rested if your both sleeping through the night and not waking up to wet sheets, which leads to more washing etc. she will hopefully just stop in her own time smile
Hey just in regards to not wanting to change the sheets in the night my DD2 has just decided she wants to wear undies to bed now so I'm double sheeting her bed so I make up the bed properly with a mattress protector and a fitted sheet and then I put on another mattress protector and another fitted sheet then the normal top sheet and doona, so in the night If she wets the bed I just pull the doona top sheet and first lot of fitted sheet and protector chuck a blanket on and she's right until the morning. If you wanted you could even do 2 layers.

Forever, for always and no matter what

Thanks girls! I really thought she was at the age where we should be out of nappies but if you lot think give it more time well who am I to argue tongue

Aah full nights sleep tonight, how I've missed that! Try again in six months maybe smile

Tutu&Lulu wrote:
Hey just in regards to not wanting to change the sheets in the night my DD2 has just decided she wants to wear undies to bed now so I'm double sheeting her bed so I make up the bed properly with a mattress protector and a fitted sheet and then I put on another mattress protector and another fitted sheet then the normal top sheet and doona, so in the night If she wets the bed I just pull the doona top sheet and first lot of fitted sheet and protector chuck a blanket on and she's right until the morning. If you wanted you could even do 2 layers.

You legend - that is an awesome idea!! smile

TallulahBelle wrote:
Tutu&Lulu wrote:

You legend - that is an awesome idea!! smile

Haha it wasn't my idea unfortunately but it's too great a tip to not pass on. My little one had an accident last night and it's so much quicker when I've done the double sheeting rather then making beds in the night lol. Shame the washing of the sheets is still the same lol

Forever, for always and no matter what

Sign in to follow this topic