Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Toilet Training
  5. Fisher Price Potty doll

Fisher Price Potty doll Lock Rss

Hi,
we had a good start to toilet training with our 22 month old little girl. We got to the point where she would tell us to put her on potty, but as with life things got really chaotic and it kind of got left behind. We were never full on as at her age we more wanted her familiar with the concept. Anyway we were at toys r us today and they had the fisher price potty dolly half price for $14.95 so we got one as since we have tried to approach the subject again shes been against it. It seems very good, it has a magnet relese meaning she will only pee on the potty and you get to feed her first. She seemed very excited and we praised dolly and hugged and kissed her and gave her star (come with the doll too) and she wanted to do it over and over again. I was wondering has anyone used this kind of aide for toilet traning and did it help??? I have also seen videos like one done by bear in the big blue house on potty training as visual aides for kids. Anyone used anything like that?
Bec

Bec, NsW, charlie 5, AJ almost 3

Dr Phil swears by a potty doll. For girls and boys. I am not having many problems with our daughter at the moment but its only early days. But I would certainly look at getting a doll that did this if it meant a quicker result. Good Luck Bec

2girls plus one

I got the potty doll info from dr phil too smile
Since I put that post on she now collects the doll doll's potty and bottle and her potty and asks all day to sit on potty - a great leap forward from the bub who would say no potty. She picks dolly up and praises and hugs dolly for weeing then tries herself. I have to say if I had known this would be the effect of the dolly I would have paid full price months ago smile and she'll get use later.
Bec

Hi Bec, just wondering about this doll, have you seen it in other stores or just Toys R us. Cheers

2girls plus one

hey,
it is at most stores like target kmart ect with all the fisher price little mommy range from memory - toys r us just had it cheaper when I saw it (which makes a nice change).
Bec

Just wondering if Potty DOll might work for a boy to?. you know its not cool to play with Dolls when you are a boy/.

Maree NSW, Oscar 5 yrs and Anton 2yr

Hey dont see why not. Dr Phil recomened it as an equally good aid for boys and girls. My daughter preferss it naked for some reason but if he doesnt like the pink just take the dress and headband off and put an old 0000 blue singlet on???? Just an idea. Her atittude to her potty now is fantastic.
Bec

Bec,
Hi and thankyou. I have a 17mth old daughter that always awnts to go "wees" but once on the toilet her reply is "no more wees" or she'll sit there for 15mins as if its all fun and games. then off the toilet she gets and 5mins later "wees" on the floor or the couch. Terrytowelling training knickers is what I'm using instesd of pullups as i find there expensive for only 15 of them. but its the cleaning up after her thats getting tedious.She's been toilet twice before and now seems no more. DOES THIS DOLL REALLY WORK?

kari

Hi,
I think for us its the combination of seeing dolly wee (although watch out cause now she wants to come in and actually see me weeing!!!!) or the fact that we make such a sbig deal of praising dolly and hugging her and giving her a sticker (stickers are like gold with our girl for some reason which is ok since you can get 160 for $1) Anyway I think at first she was jealous of the attention given to dolly but the mechanics of the dolly definately helped. She wouldnt even talk about potty before this.
Bec

Sign in to follow this topic