for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Toilet Training
  5. OH MY GOD SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE

OH MY GOD SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE Rss

HI THERE MY NAME IS HELENA AND I HAVE TWO BOYS MEMPHIS IS 2 YRS OLD AND PARIS IS 9 WEEKS I AM HAVING REAL TROUBLE TRYIN TO FIGURE OUT WHEN TO TOILET TRAIN I WAS TOLD NOW THEN I WAS TOLD LATER THEN IWAS TOLD IT WILL SET HIM BACK I NEED GOOD ADVICE THAT MAKES SENCE SO IF YOU CAN HWELP PLEASE PLEASE DO SO THANK YOU

paris/memphis

Hi Helena,
Start now with the toilet training it take time, my 3 and a half year old has just worked it out and he started when he was two(slow!!!!). My two year old sits on the pottie when he see his brother on the toilet so maybe he wont take so long.
Its a hard one, good advice is your advice do it your way good luck
janie

janie NZ 4year and 2year

Hi there
I believe that there is never a good time. It is when your child is ready. If he comes up to you and lets you know that he has gone to the toilet or needs to than I suggest that you try and start him on the potty. But if he is still not letting you know than he is not ready. Some kids take a long time to train but some are very easy.
Not every kid is the same. My son is 21mths and not trained but my friend who's little girl is only just turned 18 mths has been trained for 1 mths now and is off the bottle aswell.
So it just depends on your child
Mel mother of 1 (21mths)

mel, qld, tristan 4

Hi Helena,

Start when he seems ready and the only way to find that out is to take him to the toilet or potty a number of times! I had my son full toilet trained, yes night time aswell, just after he turned 2yo! It is hard but you have to be persistant and patient!

Best wishes and hope all goes well!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Hi there. I found that Potty books from the library really helped. Like "Sara's Potty". This one has flaps that you lift and different animals sit on her potty and you say things like "does an elephant sit on the potty" and you go "no" finally Sara sits on the potty and you go "yes". Anyway this sort of book just reinforces the idea. I found that sort of book helped me to get the message across in a less stressed out sort of way.

J-lo, Auckland, NZ, 3 yr old boy

Gidday. I was in a similiar position to yourself. I've got a three year old girl and a 7 month old son. I tried toilet training when i first found out I was pregnant. So it would be out of the way when number two arrived. But it didnt work. So I just left it until after bubs was born, and she was used to having him around. So I actually started seriously with her when she turned three. And Corbin was about four months by that stage. It took a couple of weeks. but she got there. She has gone back to wetting her pants though over the last couple of weeks. Unfortunately i think that is because i've gone back to work. But it will come right. I just have to keep reminding her. Good luck.

Liz, NZ, 3yr daughter, 7mth baby

Hi Helena. The question is how much stress do you want at the moment. If you start them when they are not ready it will take a long time. If you wait till they are already letting you know they are wet and they need a clean nappy it will only take a couple of weeks. It is up to them and you.

Kidraiser, NSW, 7 kids 2yrs-22yrs

Hi Helena,

I must be very lucky, my little girl is two and a half and only has a nappy on at night.

I found the best way was to get one of those little seats that slip under the toilet seat to train her. She didn't understand a potty, as she saw me and my partner go to the toilet. So I put her straight on the toilet and had no drama's.

Good Luck!

Carrie & Jessica

Jessica 2 1/2

Sign in to follow this topic