Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

7.30 pm too early Rss

Hello all, just after some advice.
My son who is nearly three goes to bed at around 7,30pm each night this does vary from 7.30 to 8.30 and wakes every morning at around half past 8, what i am wondering is 7.30 too early to be sending him to bed as he gets very grumpy and unsettled around this time but would easily stay awake till midnight if i was to let him

cathy vic 3 and 4 month old

Don't change it! I wish my son, who is 3yo, would go to bed this early! He has always been a terrible sleeper, right from the word go! I am lucky if he goes to bed before 9:30pm and he wakes at about 7:30am and rarely has a sleep during the day! I have tried my hardest to change his sleep pattern so he sleeps more but it just doesn't happen! I guess he's just one of those kids who don't need much sleep! I think 7:30pm is a great time for him to go to bed!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

my friend has twins who are nearly 4 they go to bed at 7.30pm if he is not waking until half past 8 i think it must be perfect

Kelly,QLD, boy 23.01.03 and girl 08.04.05

my son is 4 and my daughter is 20mths and they both go to bed between 6 to 7pm. I think it depends on the child so if it works don't stop.

maxinel

jack3y1/2 jade1

hi,
that is no way too early i put my daughter to bed around 6.30pm - 7.30pm sometimes if she is really grumpy 5.30pm
and she wakes up from 7.30am onwards
My only advice is go with the flow he will let you know when he's tired
most children don't go to sleep straight away they lay there talking to themselves

and i think we all have different opinions on what to do and not and not all kids are the same
all i can say is you are the mother and you know your child so if you feel that your are doing the right thing do it

hope thats helpful smile

I was told that not long ago and now i do what i feel is right for my daughter and i've never been so worried and stress that i'm might be doing things wrong

Good luck and all the best

Mell

mell, vic, 15 1/2 month girl

Hi Cathy,

My two go to bed between 5.30 and 6.30, but everyone is different. If you think your son may need a bit more sleep, you could try putting down 10mins earlier each night. Always use the same routine so he knows whats going! This could be easy to introduce now as the sun is setting earlier and daylight savings ends in March!

Goodluck,
Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi,

My daughter is alot younger than your son... 16 months old. But we have a very set bed routine in place. My daughter's cut off bed time is 7.30pm. Usually after our nightly routine of dinner, quiet play, bath, bottle & story she goes to bed. If she shows signs of being tired earlier I put her to bed earlier. Routine is important and I think you should stick with yours! 7.30pm is not too early for a 3 year old to go to bed. My daughter wakes between 6.30am and 7.30am every day and she also has 2 day naps as well.

Just remember everybody has different sleep requirements. But I think you are definitley doing the right thing with your son.
Sign in to follow this topic