Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

MY BOY HATES THE COT!! Lock Rss

EVER SINCE I TRIED CONTROLLED CRYING ON MY SON HE ABSOLUTELY HATES THE COT, YOU CAN FEEL HIM STIFFEN WHEN HE GOES NEAR IT.

SO AS A SINGLE MUM, WHO QUITE ENJOYS HER SLEEP HE HAS BUNKED UP WITH ME. HE IS 19 MONTHS. I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT TILL I HEAR OTHER PEOPLE SAYING IT IS NOT A GOOD THING.

ANYWAY I THOUGHT BECAUSE HE CAN SLEEP FOR THREE OR FOUR HOURS BEFORE I GET IN BED MAYBE IT IS THE SPACE AND NOT ME. I THOUGHT MAYBE I WOULD SLEEP IN THE OTHER ROOM AND SEE IF HE WAKES THROUGH THE NIGHT LOOKING FOR ME OR SLEEPS THROUGH, WHICH HE DOES NOW?? IF THIS IS A SUCCESS THEN I PUT HIM IN A BED AND NO ONE GETS UPSET!!

WHAT DO YOU THINK???

M&M ..NSW

I think that is a good idea. I had this same problem with Emily so put a mattress on the floor in her room and put her on it for day sleeps and then nights then got her a big bed. She has been getting up a lot in the night (always been a restless sleeper) and comes into my bed but this is happening less and less - used to be about 10pm but now not until 4/5am - so I am trying not to stress about it. We did have to get a bed rail though because she often falls off the bed.

Charlotte mum to Emily 27-08-03 & Lily 21-09-06

Sign in to follow this topic