Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Indoor play centres Lock Rss

Legally, i don't think they have a leg to stand on! Carry on going there and carry on taking your own food. You can take food/drinks into anyywhere these days, if your a bit shy about telling them where to get off, just lie and make up some gobshite about how your bub is allergic to fatty acids, preservative number 666 or whatever! I would LOVE it if someone tried to turf me out of somewhere for that......

mum of 1

My post was sent to the moderator, prob as i swore!!! The moderator must be irish or english??

mum of 1

i have never been to one but i don't think i will now. i think we should tell like today tonight and see if they can make a story about it like how they have those 'far go' storys

Salwa, 2 girls, sydney

You really don't even need to make up excuses (or have it for real) about how your child has allergies etc etc, just so you can give them healthy food. Fact is, we really shouldn't be even giving them junk such as chips, chocolates etc. If they were to serve healthy food, such as fresh fruit salads which you could buy, well, fair enough. Leave your food at the door. BUT, if they don't do that, then, take your food in and make a point about eating healthy. We need to try and encourage others so that gradually the majority of people will start to see the need to eat healthy, as, sadly, far too many people don't give two hoots and eat way too much junk. So, make a deal out of it and tell them that if they want to eat chocolate for lunch then go right ahead. But, you are wanting your child (and yourself) to eat healthy. If they want to carry on, then tell them that diet to you is far more important than indoor play. You won't be buying food from them regardless if you had your own food or not, so, if they want to lose out on business by you not coming, then, it is their loss.

Linda (Jessica 3/4/03, Caleb 11/4/05)

Hi,

I just read your story and I am so shocked by what you went through at the play centre. Have you complained to management? Please don,t think you are silly - your child has every right to eat and if she has special requirements then this should be allowed. And you would expect these centres to provide good food. It makes me furious that they can dictate to people that you can only eat their food and then only offer junk food! Good luck!!!
Gayle.
Whilst I definitely agree with all of you (and my daughter is on a very restricted diet coz of allerigies)...
Legally these places can refuse to allow you to eat your own food, as it is a private premise, and they do have the right to ask you to put the food away, or leave.
BUT....
Unless it is explicitly stated in the conditions of entry to the playground that they do not allow food to be brought in, you do have the right o demand (and recieve) a refund on your entry price if forced to leave.
Also, in NZ we have laws regarding labellng of commecial foods. Basically, if they must be able to provide you with a list of ingredients for the products they sell.
And if your child is on a restricted diet because of health or religious reasons, and they do not provide suitable food options, it becomes a human rights/discrimination issue if they do not allow you to feed your child 'safe' foods.
At the end of the day, it all depends how long and how loud you are prepared to argue. If you know the legal stuff it helps, because in most cases the managers know the company policy, but not the actual laws, so if you throw the laws at them they won't argue.
Hope this clears up a few of the legal bits. Good luck ladies, and good on you for being so committed to feeding your children healthy foods!

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

Tepe

Don't think there are any on central coast I live in Sydney but their website is www.lollypops.com

Good Luck

Bec
Hi again,

Thanks Bec. smile

I tell you what, if someone told me i couldn't give my children their home made puree veges, i would be quite angry! IF they sold baby food...ie, heinz jars, maybe you could accept that.

This gets me quite angry, and i am up for trying it out....just you wait!

My children don't like junk food, it's as simple as that, oh except hot potato chips. I even gave my daughter a piece of chocolate cake, from a party she couldn't attend as she was sick. She bought back half of her tiny piece and said no more thankyou mum. True, i promise!

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

i recently wnt to one with my almost 2 yr ols son i took his lunch & bought some for myself there i did not worry about the sign just fed him

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Simply tell them that if you purchase any of the food they sell you want a written guaratee that those products don't contain a multitude of ingredients that your child may be allergic to (aside from all the fat and sugar) and that if your highly allergic child has an anaphylactic reaction that you will sue their arses off for failing to provide a safe environment for your child. Also request to see proof of the CPR and first aid training of all the staff. They will be so bogged down in your requests that they will let it slide.
Hey, its a huge issue. My son does have those allergies to food and I HAVE to take his own food in.

For me there is a whole other issue of parents allowing their children to eat in the designated play area when they should be eating at the tables.

Tracey, Sydney, mum of 2

This post was started some time ago, but if anyone would like the name of a playcentre for toddlers who are happy for you to bring your own food, I am more than happy to let you know where they are. It is in the south eastern suburbs of Melbourne and is purely for babies and toddlers only and costs $3.50

Sal
Sal

Yes please tell me smile I have only been to Hi Jinx at point cook and I found that excellent.

Steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Sign in to follow this topic