Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

Stride to ride Rss

Are they worth the money or will a trolley full of blocks do the same trick?

mum of 1

Hello if you are talking about the fisher price stride and ride then yes we found it was worth it for us. Our son use to play with it even before he was trying to walk. We use to sit him on it and push him around the house and he loved it. Of course there is the noise and the flashing lights. Our son is nearly 22 months and still plays with his outside. It has been left in the rain and all sorts of weather and the noise/lights still work!! We got ours when Caleb was only 6 months old as a present but played with it anyway.
But I guess every child is different and you and your child may get more use of the trolley and blocks. There is nothing wrong with the trolleys.

I dont know if I have helped or just confused you .........sorry.
HI jo

I have found that most stride to rides a quite flimsey and tip over alot, especially when baby is pulling to stand so try to find a really sturdy one like little tykes if your going to get one. My daughter never had one, she learnt to walk by pushing a trolly full of mega blocks which I found to be much more sturdy (it never tipped over) and now she has a 3 wheeler motorbike thing which she is learning to ride although she does enjoy playing with friends stride and rides.

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

I was considering buying one for my daughter, but I was swayed by a friend of mine who had one for her daughter and she didn't think it was worth all that money, so I settled for one of those plastic 3 wheeler bikes which have been around since we were littlies!! and I brought her a wagon with blocks. My daughter loved them both, even though she would rather pull all the blocks out of the wagon and would want us to push her around in it instead of riding the bike!! but this has passed and she loves stacking the blocks and hoons around the house on her bike like she owns the place and both of these cost a lot less than a stride to ride.

Mel, SA

Hi Jo,

Just my opinion, you could easily buy something less expensive that does the job. But Fisher-Price are the only toys to buy, (in my opinion), if you want them to last more than one child. Food for thought anyway,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

my daughter was given a 'baby stroller/pram' for a present, and she uses this to help walk. It can be a bit flimsy to stand up with, but once she has the hang of it she does it fine.

Linda (Jessica 3/4/03, Caleb 11/4/05)

Hi jo77

We bought our son the FP Stride to Ride for xmas '03 when he was 8mths old. He used to sit and play with it initially with the balls and flashing lights and then started pushing it around as he learnt to walk. I wouldnt go so far as to say it taught him to walk, but it definately helped because its not lightweight and flimsy like some others. He was walking by 10mths. He now skoots around the house on it as a bike, and we have a new baby girl who will be able to use it as well because it will last the distance.
Hi, we got our daughter the Fisher Price STR for her 1st brithday (coming up to 1yr ago), and she still loves it! It definately helped with getting her walking, she loves dacing around to the music and playing with the balls. Hubby's always zooming her around the house on it, they both have a great time. They've also come down in price quite a bit since being released and u can pick them up for around $50 now. Well worth the money for me!

Jaida (6), Ameli (2) & Lacey (2mths) - SA

Hi, we brought my son the Fisher Price Stride to Ride when he was 7 months old, played with it then and still plays with it now. I didnt think it was that flimsy, but like all toys, if you are there to help and watch you should be fine. My son is 23 months old now and rides it around everywhere. And he favours it more than his 3 wheeler bike!
Hi

I am thinking of getting ones of these for my daughter for christmas. I haven't really looked at them in the shops as they were out of stock where i was. Are you able to turn the wheel to steer or does it just go straight?

Julie, mum to Abby 05/02/04 & Joel 12/04/07

Hi, it does just go straight which is a bit of a hassle ... once they get the hang of it they'll learn how to turn it tho, it's still a great toy!

JaidasMum24

Jaida (6), Ameli (2) & Lacey (2mths) - SA

I haven't read all the comments here, but i did see one about toys lasting more than one child, with 3 kids i have discovered that i actually have 3 of most things, and even the expensive fisher price toys didnt really last for more than one rough and tumnble little boy, as they like to play with them even as they get older. smile

Sharon, 24, Qld, 2 boys 3 & 5, girl 1.

Sign in to follow this topic