Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

Highchair to Boster Seat??? Rss

Hello All,

My 17.5 month old daughter has taken a huge dislike to being in her highchair... she now wants to sit at the table like a big girl.

So where do I go from here? She is still much to little to just sit at the table, she can only just see over the top. Are there booster seats to go on dining room chairs, or what do people do as the next step from the highchair?

Would love to hear what you have been through at this stage of developement and what equipment you have used.

Michelle smile
My daughter sits at her little table and chairs to eat her meals, sometimes it is a pain because she just gets up to play but we just have to put up with that. I have seen the small booster seat not the full ones just the padded seat and arm rests stapped to the dining chairs before or my friend just puts an old pillow with a towel on it on her chair for her daughter hope some of these ideas work for you!

Mel,QLD, 3yr old Nikita, no. 2 due october

Hi

well were not at that stage yet but I am going to buy Aimee a booster seat for the table, they sell them at the wharehouse, they look like the little fabric chairs/couches for kids but they have a strap to go around the big chair and another for baby.
Also the baby factory sells them over here, they are quite hard plastic but they strap to the back and underneath of the big chair and around baby, they also have a removable tray for sitting at the table.

Try ebay for a second hand one, i have brought one of Trademe.co.nz.

hope this helps

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

my daughter (16 months) refuses to sit in her high chair also and has for a little while now. She has her own little table and chairs and she willingly sits at her table to eat her meals now, sometimes we'll sit with her on the floor while she eats her meal if she gets to messy otherwise we'll sit at our dining table (we have a combined lounge/dining area) so we can see her and she can see us and it makes for happy families!!

Mel, SA

We tried the little table and chairs but I got too frustrated because Maya woldn't sit still and eat, and there was food on the carpet, in the toybox, on the walls..... you can imagine!
She has one of the fabric booster seats from The Warehouse here, but K-Mart in Oz sell them too. They have one strap to go round the chair, and one to go round bubs. She loves it, and it's also handy when we go out to restaurants, friends houses etc coz it fits in any chair. I think it cost about $40 but hers is a 'Wiggles' one, I think the plain ones are a bit cheaper

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

Hi Michelle,

My daughter has always had a booster seat. It attatches to a dining chair and has it's own table or can be used at the normal table. Mine is the safety first brand, but there are plenty to choose from. It also has a strap that goes around their waists, to keep them in, although my daughter has been able to wriggle out of hers for ages.

Best of luck in your decision, or have you made one yet??

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hello Michelle,
Sorry for the late reply
My son who is now 22 months sits on a booster seat that i got from target it ties to the seat and it folds up if you are going somewhere its from the first years range and i think its great as it deflates if u are going somewhere.
Casey

Casey, TJ (15/8/2002) and due in march

Hi Michelle,

Just wondering how your daughter is going with her high chair?? Have you had a chance to look for booster seats??

Perhaps you could give it to her when you come home with the baby, as a big girl presant.

Take care,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

I wonder if the actual highchair is the problem or if the tray is the problem. We have removed the tray from our chair and bring it up in line with the dining table. My son sits with us like a big boy (he's 2) but is able to be at the right height to eat. He is happy like this and feels part of the family. Just a thought.

Domestic Goddess Mum of Four!

James hasn't complained about his high chair as yet, but we got one of those Peg Perego ones really cheap second hand and it actually lowers down closer to the ground. Now that I have lowered it I just have to say, "go sit in your chair" while I'm getting his food ready and find him sitting in it waiting for me. He just loves being able to get in and out himself!

I have seen quite a few booster thingys around though, so you shouln't have much trouble coming across one. Otherwise like somebody suggested have you tried sitting her in the high chair without the tray but at the table?

Kristina, Mum of James 3yrs & Matilda 14 months

Sign in to follow this topic