Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

Bunnikins safe for microwave?? Rss

Does anyone know if bunnikinsRoya Doulton bowls, cups etc are safe to put in the microwave. I know they are dishwasher safe. Thanks

Victoria ~ 3yr old beautiful twin boys

Hi Twin Mum,
It would depend on what they are made from. If they are melamine, (hard shiny plastic), do not put them in the microwave as they will burn and can catch fire. The only things I would put in the microwave are microwave dishes, and glass things (like your everyday plates). If you are still unsure, you could try putting them in, and checking them every 15 seconds or so. If they start to change colour in any way, take them out immediately. Hope this helps.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Thanks for the reply Tracey. I might just stick to the good old tupperware containers for heating and maybe keep the "bunnikins" bowls for cold food and for a bit of fun when the boys get older.

Victoria ~ 3yr old beautiful twin boys

Hi,
I usually heat the food up in a tuperware container/microwave dish, and then put it into "his" dish, so that he associates it being "his" food.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Hi

I have them and they say on the bottom of them, not microwavable however, I have put them in the microwave to heat things up but not to cook things in.

You shouldn't put Bunnikins in the microwave. Not only is there the risk of it melting etc but the plastic can leak chemicals into your kids food. You're better off heating the food in another dish and then putting it into the Bunnikins bowl.

Karen, DS1 31/8/03, DD 12/3/07, DS2 16/12/09

Sign in to follow this topic