Huggies Forum

Before I was a Mum.... Lock Rss

Ok. I started this thread so we could get to know each other and ourselves better.

Remember those days before you were a mum...

What was your occupation?
How did you spend your free time?
What did you think parenthood would be like?

etc etc.....

Whataheart - Girls16/1/00, 28/4/05 & 04/09/08

..... I was a manager of a fast food outlet.

..... I visited friends nearly every night.

..... I thought parenthood would change me as a person.

Whataheart - Girls16/1/00, 28/4/05 & 04/09/08

Hi there, what a good idea!

I worked in a childcare centre looking after newborns through to 2yrs.

My spare time was spent slowly walking around the shops (impossible now) or laying back and relaxing with a good book or movie.

I thought parenthood would be all that it has proven to be - fun, exciting, learning, sleepless nights (they were still a shock though!) and soooooo rewarding!!

DSS 13yr, DS1 4yr, DS2 3yr

I was a Nanny for oversea's families

I use to sunbake,walk,go out dancing with the girls,basically anything i wanted!!Always had my hair & nails perfect,always had shaved legs,constantly buying clothes & travel oversea's
(now i am flat out shaving my legs & i dont clothes shop because i refuse to buy the size I'm in right now!!!)

I thought i would get alot more sleep & establish a routine straight away that never changed,I was soooo wrong.But I also never new i could love a human this much.

AND THAT WAS ME!!!!

I use to work in offices/admin jobs, my longest job was in accounts dept for a manufacturing company in Sydney which I loved until I was made redundant 9 years ago now, but that was the best thing that could have happened as then as moved to a new area and met my DH!

I use to spend my spare time mostly shopping, visiting/going out with friends and loving the sleep ins on the weekends!

I thought parenthood would be easy, but now I know its not the easiest job, but I do love it and wouldn't change what I have now for anything, I so much love being a mum and love my 2 adorable children to bits smile

I used to work in a supermarket (and still do now!)

I used to play softball on W/E - can't now as games are same times as DH's footy, drink till all hours of the morning with my friends, watch movies in one sitting, eat a hot meal each night!

I thought parenthood would be easier than I have found it, I thought I would have a little darling that would sleep thru the night, eat all her meals, play with her toys, and that the house would be nice and tidy always! Instead I have the opposite, but wouldn't change it for anything in the world!

DD1 July 2004 DD2 August 2007 DS September 2009

What was your occupation?
I was a primary school teacher for 3 years.

How did you spend your free time?
Going to the movies, going shopping, going to cricket games and rugby league games, watching Sky TV (pay tv but can't afford it now as I am a SAHM), eating out, going on holidays with DH, going to coffee with friends...

What did you think parenthood would be like?
I didn't have any expectations but it has been great and also challenging. Some days I just want to go hide in the closet so I can think straight and other days I just marvel at how amazing my son is and how much I love him. One thing I will say, it ain't like the movies or the soapies, that's for sure - being a mum is a 100% full time job - 24/7!!!

~Worked as check out chick an Deli manager assistant.

~I was always out with friends driving around or partying doing alot of random awsome road trips. (I miss my free time the most)

~I thought it would be pretty cruisey I never expected/planed to have 3 babys in 3 yrs I was set on having only one baby at least for the 1st few yrs. I never really knew much about being a parent untill I had DD1.
I worked as a hairdresser

In my free time I partied partied and partied as well as shopped shopped and more shopping lol All my money went on the newest clothes and accessories
how that has changed!!

And how I thought parenthood would be?? hmmmm.... I always wanted to be a mum so I knew I was in for a challenge but also knew it would be very rewarding!!
I worked in retail

I was groomed ba ha ha nails, hair, expensive clothes, it was all about me, spent all my time with dp and my friends

I thought it was basically like a huggies ad....looked so beautiful and such a happy time and soo loving never thought of the down sides lol

Reality dd1 dream baby dd2 omg opposite little turd at times and ds such a loving happy giggly little boy his my huggies ad baby lol
I don't miss the clothes the hair nothing I love being mum I cried every time my children have said mum for the first time.
I had a rude shock with dd2 she is a challenge at times but love her dearly.
Honestly I never felt the love before that I feel for my kids it's not the same love I have for dp it's different and I am grateful everyday that I have got to experience this.
I worked as a Cook in an aged care respite Center.

Used to spend my time doing lots of gardening with my husband, going to the markets, SLEEPING IN, weekends away, boozy BBQs and the best of al SEX whenever you wanted it!!!

I thought parenthood would be a lot easier and kids would just play and be happy not bugging you every moment of the day. Wouldnt change it for the world though.
Sign in to follow this topic