Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

shared custody arrangements Lock Rss

Elle10 wrote:
Reading some of the posts on this thread really upset me sad growing up I was only able to see my dad every second weekend and rarely was he aloud to take us to school or pick up. My whole childhood I never understood this and longed for more time with my dad.. It got to the point when I was old enough and moved in with him and cut my mother out of big parts of my life.

Now that I have my own child I still don't understand why my brother and I were never aloud much more time with our dad. I still have very strong feeling towards my mother for doing this. Yes she was our main carer before they split as dad worked full time to provide for his family. In my eyes this is just as much involvement as my mother.

If anything where to ever happen to DF and I, I could never fight him on care of our child/children he will always have just as many rights to our children as I do! I would hope that he would want to spend that much time with his child. I know it would be hard at times and I will miss DD but she deserves to have that relationship with her dad.

This will probably upset some people but this is how it has affected me so I'm a big believer in the shared care unless one of the parents is unstable.
Hi Elle10,
This post has just confirmed I am doing the right thing for fighting for my two daughters, 50/50 care should be the starting point, not a fight for either parent to have to go through.
Thanks
Cloughne71 wrote:
Hi Elle10,
This post has just confirmed I am doing the right thing for fighting for my two daughters, 50/50 care should be the starting point, not a fight for either parent to have to go through.
Thanks

I think 50/50 care is great in the ideal world, but in reality it can be really tough on the children.
A Friend of mines DF has 50/50 care of his kids from previous marriage, the kids pretty much live out of a suitcase and they struggle with the different sets of rules and expectations depending on which house they are in.
As long as you are still willing to work as a team parenting your children then it can work.

Little Egg wrote:
Cloughne71 wrote:
Hi Elle10,
Thanks

I think 50/50 care is great in the ideal world, but in reality it can be really tough on the children.
A Friend of mines DF has 50/50 care of his kids from previous marriage, the kids pretty much live out of a suitcase and they struggle with the different sets of rules and expectations depending on which house they are in.
As long as you are still willing to work as a team parenting your children then it can work.

Plus +1 I spent my early teens between mums and dads it was not ideal for school or my relationships with either parent I also often felt that neither parent wanted me I don't want my son to grow up like that.

Also been known as purpleUnicorn,RainbowDragon, Charmander and RobotUnicorn.

Sign in to follow this topic