Huggies Forum

November '05 Recipe of the Month Lock Rss

Enter your favourite recipe here to take part in the Huggies Recipe of the Month Competition. Your recipe should be something you have adapted over time to be one of your signature dishes, or perhaps something you have accidentally created while cooking for the family.

If your recipe is chosen it will appear in our <a href="http://www.huggies.com/au/pregnancy_parenting/f... ">Feeding Your Baby</a> section on the website and you'll receive a feeding set from <a href="http://www.tommeetippee.com.au/">Tommee Tippee</a>.

With all our new members joining Huggies Parents Exchange we should have a enough entries for us all to cook something different everyday.

We're looking forward to all of your entries.

Good luck and happy cooking

The Huggies Team
Here is a recipe I created last week and found it to be a hit with my family.

POTATO BOLOGNESE BAKE

500g minced beef
500g jar of a pasta tomato sauce (any flavour you like ie: bolognese, napolitana)
4 tomatos, diced
6 large potatos, peeled and sliced into rounds
250g grated tasty cheese
Two large tomatos, sliced into rounds
parmasen cheese

Brown the beef in a saucepan then add pasta tomato sauce and diced tomatos. With the empty pasta sauce jar, fill with cold water and empty water into tomato sauce mix. Bring to the boil and simmer for one and a half hours or until thick, stirring occasionally.

Boil potatos in a separate saucepan for 10 minutes.

In a lasagne dish, and like a lasagne, spread a even amount of the tomato sauce over the base of the dish, followed by a layer of potatos then a layer of tasty cheese. Keep repeating this process until you finish with a layer of sauce on top.

Then put a layer of the sliced tomatos over the sauce, cover with tasty cheese and a sprinkle of parmasen.

Put into a fan forced over at 180 degrees for 30 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly on top.

Serve with salad or vegies.

This is a delicious recipe and I hope you all enjoy it.

Luckiest Mum In The World

My little 15 month old girl has just been sick for 2 weeks, in which time she would eat pureed fruit and yoghurt only. I have only just got her to eat her vegies again, making it into finger food that she feed to herself. And these are yummy for all of us!!

Salmon and vegie fritters

1 x 125gm tin red or pink salmon
1 small potato
1 small carrot
1/2 onion
1/2 zuchinni
1 egg
2 tbs plain flour

Finely dice the onion and grate all vegies on the smallest grate. Drain tin of salmon, remove any bones (or make sure you mush them) and mush. Then add all ingedients together, mix well and fry spoonfuls in a hot pan lightly oiled. When cooking, flatten out to a pancake thickness. Cook for about 3 minutes each side.

DD1 July 2004 DD2 August 2007 DS September 2009

a recipe for babies UNDER 1 - YAY

most of these recipe's aren't for under 9months and i have seen a few posts asking for them. here is my recipe for my 8month old which he has been having since 6months.

Chicken creamy mushroom pasta bake:
boiled chicken breast chopped
1 cup mushrooms chopped
1 cup of VERY cooked pasta
1/4 cup of cream
1/4 cup of formula or normal full cream cows milk
2 tablespoons of chopped chives

mix everything up once cooled into a saucepan to let the mushrooms go soggy. Place everything in food processor, mix until the right consistancy for your baby. This could be a little lumpy for when closer to 9months but much more pureed for 6months if need be add a bit more formula or milk to get the mixture a little more slippery.

Place in ice cube tray's and keep in freezer safe containers for up to 3months.

These cubes were great for my 8month old! he loved chicken and as he gets older he loves it a little bit chunkier.

Hope this is some help to some of the other mums that need the real recipe's for babies under 1year old.

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

My recipe for "Choc Fruit Kebabs"

I found this an awesome way to get my 4 year old to eat more fruit and it's a fun activity for kids as well!!

Ingredients-

3 WOODEN SKEWARS (I cut one large skewar in 1/2 to make 2 smaller ones to fit in lunch box)

2 CUPS OF CHOPPED FRUIT (eg- strawberries, banana, apple, watermelon)

1/2 cup of choc bits

Assembly-

Get your little one to start putting friut peices on skewars (alternating friut) while you melt choc bits in microwave. Once you have all the friut on the skewars, put them onto a tray and drizzle melted chocolate over them with a spoon.
Pop into fridge until chocolate sets. Voila!!

nikki, 2kids aged 4 & 6months

Sign in to follow this topic