Huggies Forum

JUNE- Recipe of the Month Rss

Hi to all our members,

We're launching a new section on our website that you can be part of, "Your Recipe of the Month". It will feature in our "Feeding Your Baby" section on the website.

We will be looking for recipes that are "tried, tested and loved", but they will also have your personal touch added to them, a creative flair or a unique twist. Considering the recipe has to appeal to a baby or toddler we're not expecting beef fillet with capers and a red wine sauce, but it could be interesting and appealing.

To Enter, post your recipe here. You have until the end of May, then the Huggies Team will make their selection and if your recipe is chosen you will recieve a small gift from Huggies.

So get your thinking caps on and start experimenting in the kitchen.

Regards,

The Huggies Team
Here's a great recipe that can be chopped and changed to suit individual tastes. Hope you like it. We sure do. Why not give it a go and let me know what you think. This recipe has endless combinations all you need is a little imagination and lots of love.

1 envelope unflavored gelatine
1 cup breast milk, formula or soy milk
4 ounces cream cheese
2 cups of any combination of the following: Shredded cooked zucchini, squash, onions, eggplant, carrots, green beans, peas, or any other vegetables.
Chopped cooked apples, pears, peaches, apricots, mangoes, plums, berries, or any other fruit
2 teaspoons lemon juice, if desired

In a blender or food processor process the gelatin and milk for 30 seconds. Add the cream cheese and lemon juice (if using) and process for 10 seconds. Add the fruits and/or vegetables and blend until thoroughly puréed. Don't over process or this will become foamy. Pour into an 8-inch square or loaf pan and chill until firm. Cut into squares and serve.

Enjoy
Cheers! Lynette.
I made these meat balls yesterday for my daughter (Mya 1 year old) and she and I love them. I know they probably have been done many times over and in many different ways but they are so quick and easy. Enjoy.

500gm mince (beef, chicken, pork etc)
2 slices of bread made into breadcrumbs
1/2 onion finely sliced
1/4 tin of Watties savoury tomatoes (any flavour)
1 egg
You can add anything else that appeals.

Mix all ingredients well. Heat oven to 180C. Roll teaspoons of mixture in little balls and cover lightly in flour then place on a greased oven tray and bake for around 20 minutes or untill cooked. Keep them in the fridge for a couple of days or freeze. Serve as a snack or serve with rice, dipping sauce or cook with the left over tomatoes as a cassarole.

Kerrie,NZ,

Here is a recipe which my 8 month old just loves!!! He has been having this recipe twice a week since he was 6 months old.

Here it is:-

Pumpkin (35%)
Sweetcorn (30%)
Potato (20%)
Broccoli (5%
Carrot (5%)
Lean minced meat (5%)

Chop up all vegies and combine together. Then either microwave, steam or boil all vegies until very tender. You can either mash with fork (I prefer this for texture) or blend to your babies liking. Cook mince and add a sprinkle of cinnamon and combine with the mashed vegies. Serve immediately or keep in batches in the freezer until needed. If frozen, it heats up nicely in microwave for approx 1 minute and 10 seconds.

Sam

Mum to toddler

Kiddie Piklets

2cups Self Raising Flour
2eggs
1tin baby apple (or any flavour)
1/2 cup baby juice (any flavour)
milk... to make sloppy mix
pinch of cinnimon

cook up as miniture piklets, then eat or freeze!

Yummy snack for mummy too!!!

Bel

Belinda, WA, lovely baby girl

Hi Girls,

As it's now the cold season I thought I would put my Carrot Soup in for the recipe of the Month.

Carrot Soup (Serves 4)

30 gms Butter
1 Large onion
1 Large Sweet potato diced
3 Large Carrots diced
4 cups chicken ot vegie stock (or 4 stock cubes and 4 cups water)
3/4 cup sour cream
2 tblspn of fresh oregano or basil

Melt butter in a large saucepan and cook onion until transparent. Add potato & carrot and cook for a further 5 minutes. Stir in stock & bring to the boil. Simmer for 1\2 an hour. Cool soup, then puree in a blender. To serve, reheat soup with sour cream then stir in herbs.

We like to add a smiley face with cream to Kristophers bowl and he just loves it, a good way to get lots of vegies into a 2 yo.

ENJOY!!
Hi everyone,

My daughter loves the idea of pizza, but can't quite get thru the crusts properly yet. So we came up with our own child friendly pizzas.

2 pieces of toast, spread with tomato paste (can use any sauce of preference), and a thin sprinkle of grated cheese.

We usually use corn for curly hair, capsicum for a mouth, cherry tomatoe eyes, mushroom nose and pinapple pieces for ears. Obviously the list is endless as to what you can use. We then sprinkle cheese over the top and grill. You can bake them, but we find the griller perfect as they don't get too hot.

My daughter says this is cream for the face, as she often watches mummy put cream on her face, kids.

This is a great idea for using anything up that you have,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

hey guyz i have this recipe..an oldy but yummy...its recommened for 10 months and older.

Ingredients:
½ cup of formula or breast milk (whole milk for babies over 12 mos)
1 pkg of active dry yeast
¼ cup of sugar
¼ cup of melted butter
¼ tsp of salt
½ tsp ground anise (or cinnamon)
3 unbeated eggs
3 cups of flour (unbleached has more nutrients)

Instructions:

Makes about 1 and a half dozen

* Heat the formula or milk until very hot, but not boiling. This is called Scalding. Set aside and let it cool to lukewarm.
* Add yeast to the milk. Stir until well blended and let it rest for 6 minutes.
* Add the sugar, butter, anise (or cinnamon), and eggs. Stir until well blended. Add enough flour to handle the dough.
* Knead on floured surface until smooth, adding flour as needed. Let rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
* Roll out dough to ½ inch thickness. Cut into strips 1 inch wide, then cut the strips to 3 inches long.
* Place on a buttered cookie sheet, 1 and a half inches apart. Let rise again for 30 minutes.
* Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake biscuts for 20 minutes. Set on wire rack to cool.
yumm *thinking of making some tomorrow...

karen,NSW, mummy to Caitlin Born 14 weeks early

Hi - i made up this recipe which is quick & easy to prepare, healthy and something the whole family can enjoy. My fifteen month old loves it, and i have been making it for a few months now.

1 jar raguletto (whatever flavour you desire)
1 can diced tomatos
1 dstsp tomato paste
5 cups wholemeal spiral pasta (or use plain pasta if you want)
500g mince
3/4 c peas
3/4 c corn
1 tin pineapple pieces inc juice
2-3 carrots, diced
1 zucchini or any other vegetable you may want to add - small brocoli or cauli florets, capsicum pieces, whatever you have in fridge.

Cook mince thorougly in seperate saucepan. cook pasta in large saucepan. When pasta is cooked, add raguletto, diced tomatos, tomato paste, pineapple pieces as well as the pineapple juice and carrots.

Simmer gently till carrots are tender, stirring occasionally. Add peas, corn, zucchini or any other vegetables you desire. Cook gently till vegetables are cooked. You may have to add a little water if mixture becomes to thick and heavy.

I then keep some of the pasta dish seperate for my baby, then i add the mince. (i don't give her meat yet). When it is all wamed through it is ready to serve.

hint: also a good leftover meal, served on toast or cook in a sandwich maker.

Linda (Jessica 3/4/03, Caleb 11/4/05)

Congratulations Mummyjen,

Your Carrot Soup recipe has been selected for our first ever "Recipe of the Month" found in Feeding Your Baby (http://www.huggies.com/au/pregnancy_parenting/feeding_baby/pp_fd_home.a). You will soon receive your Prize from the Huggies team.

Thankyou to all of our members who posted an entry for the June Recipe of the Month. Don't forget to place an entry into the July competition and spread the word.

Regards

the Huggies Team
Hi Jen,

Just want to passs on my huge congratulations to you. Also wanted to say i bought a huge bag of carrots today in preparation for your soup. I will let you know what we thought of it, i am sure it will be yummy.

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Thanks Tepe,

Hope you like it!

Jen
Sign in to follow this topic