Huggies Forum

September '05 Recipe of the Month Lock Rss

Hi Everyone

Have you found someting that you whipped up by accident or that has been passed onto you by a friend or relative that your kids loved. Share it with us here in the September Recipe of the Month. If your recipe is selected you'll be sent a prize from <a href="http://www.tommeetippee.com.au/">Tommee Tippee</a> and your winning recipe will feature in our <a href="http://www.huggies.com/au/pregnancy_parenting/f... ">Feeding Your Baby</a> section on the Huggies website.

So get your aprons on and whip up something for us all to try.

Good luck

The Huggies Team

If you are not already a member <a href="http://huggies.kcaforums.com/about.aspx"&g... Parents Exchange</a> now for your chance to win.
Something I find all kids seem to enjoy - and adults seem to too. Of course the dipping sauce is optional.

CHICKEN NUGGETS

2 slices wholemeal bread
2 single chicken breast fillets, chopped
½ cup grated tasty cheese
1 egg
2 small potatoes, grated
1 small onion, grated
2 teaspoons chicken seasoning
1/3 cup packaged breadcrumbs
cooking-oil spray

Cut and discard crusts from bread slices – chop bread roughly. Blend or process bread, chicken and cheese until combined – transfer to a bowl. Stir in egg, potatoes, onion and seasoning – mix well. Shape level tablespoons of mixture into nugget shapes – toss in breadcrumbs. Place about 5cm apart onto greased oven trays – spray with cooking-oil spray. Cook in a hot oven, 200?C, for 25 minutes, or until cooked through and golden brown.

DIPPING SAUCE

1 cup pineapple juice
¼ cup white wine vinegar
2 teaspoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
2 tablespoons tomato sauce
1 tablespoon cornflour

Mix the juice, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and tomato sauce in a small pan. Stir over low heat until dissolved. Mix the cornflour to a past with 1 tablespoon of water. Add to the pan and stir until the mixture boils and thickens. Simmer for 2 minutes. Cool and serve with the nuggets.

Luckiest Mum In The World

I have been making my own vegie burgers lately - it's cheaper and I made about 20 at a time. Today I made double (40) and I freeze them. So quick and easy and one the only ways my son eats vegies!

Ingredients
1 can chickpeas
2 cups breadcrumbs
3 egg yolks
teaspoon each salt & black pepper
2 teaspoons of Masterfoods BBQ seasoning
500g packet of diced frozen vegetable (the one with corn, potato, carrots and peas)
2 carrots
1 zucchini
tsp parsley
oil for frying

Method:
*Drain chickpeas and put in blender. Put in a bowl and add breadcrumbs, seasoning, herbs and egg yolks. combine with hands.

*Heat oil in a fry pan, and add packet of frozen veg. In the meantime, grate carrots and chop zucchini into small peices (or put in blender). Add to fry pan and fry all the veg together.

*When fried vegies cool down enough to handle, add to the bowl of chickpea mix. Make dough with hands then seperate into patties, dust with flour.

*They are ready to fry until golden colour. Freeze remaining.

Vaccines: Question what you're told...

Fruity Yougart Bars

These are a great treat. If your kids dont like apricots I have also used apples instead.

Ingredients:
75 g self raising flour
50g oats
25g unsweetened desiccated coconut
25g unrefined soft brown sugar
50g prunes, finely chopped
125g ready to eat dried apricots, finely chopped
50g butter
50g natural yougart.

1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
2. Put all dry ingredients into a large bowl. Melt butter and pour into the bowl with the yougart. Mix everything thoether thoroughly.
3. Press into a loaf tin and smooth the top down. Bake for 25 mins. Leave to cool before cutting into bars.

Cath NSW

Apple Tea Cake

So Easy if you have a tupperware quickshake!

1 seal sugar (3/4 cup)
1 seal milk (3/4 cup)
1 heaped seal selfraising flour (about 1 cup)
1 egg
1 cap vegetable oil (1 teaspoon)
1/2 tin SPC Bakers Apple with Cinnamon (800grm tin)

Mix all ingredients except apples in quickshake or bowl.
Put apples into greased 8" pie dish.
Pour mix over the top.
Bake for 30-35 mins in moderate oven

Serve As Is or with Icecream or Whipped Cream.

Whataheart - Girls16/1/00, 28/4/05 & 04/09/08

The Best Rissoles In Town

500 grms Mince
1 tblsp Vegemite
1 tblsp Strawberry Jam
3 Weetbix
1 Diced Onion
1 Egg

Mix it all together and fry up!

They are absolutely delisious and I never make rissole any other way now!!

Whataheart - Girls16/1/00, 28/4/05 & 04/09/08

Hi everyone
Thought I'd add a quick easy recipe, both chn and adults can enjoy. Mum passed this onto me. These an be enjoyed as a snack and are a good way to get fussy chn to eat some vegies.

Cauliflowers Fritters

Ingredients

3 cups bolied or steamed cauliflower ( broken or cut into little pieces)
1cup plain flour
1/4 cup self raising flour
Water
Salt and pepper to taste

Method
Combine flours and salt and pepper in a bowl.
Add water and mix to a paste consistency with a fork.
Mix in cauliflower.
Drop dessertspoonfuls into a pan with hot oil.
Fry until golden brown on both sides.
Hi Mums,

Here's one I made yesterday:

YUMMY & EASY TOMATO PASTA:

Ingredients:
1/2 zucchini
1/2 cup pumpkin (choose a sweet one like Jap)
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp mixed dried herbs (or fresh)
1/4 cup tomato paste
1 cup tinned tomatoes
1/2 cup Risoni pasta (or other small soup-type pasta)

Finely chop pumkin and zucchini and add to saucepan with crushed garlic and herbs. Saute in a little water. Add tomato paste and saute further. Then add tinned tomatoes and simmer until vegies are cooked.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in separate saucepan until well cooked, and drain.
Whiz sauce-mix in food processor and then add pasta afterwards (or whiz pasta too for younger bubs).
OPTIONAL EXTRA: Mix through some fresh ricotta at the end or grated cheddar.

Then freeze smile This recipe can be eaten alone, or mixed in with other vegies for more variety. The pumpkin in this recipe makes it nice and sweet.

Sherri, mum to Ella Bella Baby Bear ~ 21.01.05

Sign in to follow this topic