Huggies Forum

Recipes Lock Rss

Hi again,

I finally got around to making some muffins and combined a few different recipes to come up with these ones. My son loves them and they freeze well. I make them in mini muffin pans and they are the perfect size for his little hands.

LUKES CHEESY MUFFINS

Makes 24 mini muffins

2 cups self raising flour
3/4 cup grated cheese
1 egg beaten
1 cup milk
I small tin creamed corn
1/2 cup chopped or grated veg (asparagus/carrot/zucchini etc. or 1sml tin tuna drained)

Preheat oven to 200C. Mix together flour and cheese. In a separate bowl beat egg and add all other ingredients. Mix together then add to flour mixture. Stir until just combined. Divide into greased muffin tins. Bake 15-20 mins until golden. Remove from tin immediately and cool on a wire rack.

LUKES FRUITY MUFFINS

Makes 24 mini muffins.

2 cups self raising flour
1 apple peeled, cored and grated
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
1 small tin pureed baby fruit (apple or pear)
1/2 cup chopped fruit (peach/pear/mango/banana)

Preheat oven to 200C. Mix together flour and grated apple. In a separate bowl beat egg and add all other ingredients. mix together and add to flour mixture. Stir until just combined. Divide into greased mini muffin tins. Bake 15-20 mins until golden brown. Remove from tin immedietly and cool on a wire rack.

If you wanted you could add sugar to the fruity muffins, but I think they are sweet enough for babies.

Enjoy

Danielle

Danielle, 28, Vic, 1st son born 2/6/03

Wow, bring on the recipes, I love it!

Creamy Fruit Jelly

1 (85g) packet tropical jelly
200ml boiling water
6 scoops of 6 months+ infant formula
150ml of cool boiled water
1 cup canned pears, drained and finely diced

1. dissolve jelly in boiling water, let cool 5 minutes
2. make up infant formula in 150ml of water and add to jelly, add pear and stir.
3. pour into moulds and refrigerate

Mini Shepherds Pie 6 months +

I table spoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup onion, finely diced
500g lean minced beef
65g carrot, grated
1 beef stock cube
200g tomato based pasta sauce
2 scoops 6 month+ infant formula
600g potato, cooked & mashed
3 scoops 6 months+ infant formula
25g margarine

1. Heat oil in a pan and brown onion and then meat, add next 3 ingredients and stir through infant formula, simmer for approx 30 minutes.
2. mash potatoes with extra infant formula and margarine.
3. Place cooked meat mixture in a greased oven-proof dish. Cover with mashed potato mixture and place under hot grill until golden.

Grated cheese can be added on potato for extra flavour!

NB 8-10 mini pies can be made in a muffin tray and frozen.
I was wondering if you add water to the formula? And how much breast milk would you use instead?
Thank you

SA, 2 boys

The number of scoops is made up to how much water is required on the side of your formula tin. With my Heinz Nurture formula its 1 scoop to 50ml of water so with breast milk I dare say 2 scoops would be the equivalent to 100mls of breast milk and 3 scoops would be 150mls of breastmilk. Does that help?
Bread and Butter Pudding 9months+
(use only if your baby has included egg in their diet)

2 slices white bread (crusts removed)
butter
1 1/2 cups (310ml) milk, formula, breastmilk
2 eggs
1 tablespoon caster sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
pinch ground nutmeg

Spread bread lightly with butter, cut into small triangle-shaped pieces. Divide bread among four 1/2 cup (125ml) greased heatproof dishes, place dishes in baking dish. Whisk milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla in medium jug; pour egg mixture over bread, sprinkle with nutmeg. Pour enough boiling water into baking dish to come halfway up sides of dishes.
Bake, uncovered, in moderate oven about 20 minutes or until puddings are just set.

makes 4 servings.

Hello Ellebaby your recipes are just great!! I have printed everyone off and put it in a special folder! You should start your own recipe book......I would be your first customer. Keep up the GREAT work.
Hi calebsman!

Thankyou for your lovely post, although I'm not going to take credit for all the recipes as some I have taken from tv, magazines, books, pamphlets, internet etc...but I can definately say they all have been tested and passed by my own human guinea pig, my son.. lol! If he doesnt like anything, then I don't post it. Thankyou once again, take care and happy baking!!

Elle
sorry..I meant 'calebsMUM' ...damn typos lol
I submitted this recipe to the heniz baby website, but they never posted it sad

Zach's Groovy Meatballs 9months +

1 egg
3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon tomato sauce
Pinch dried basil
500g chicken, veal or lean beef mince

1.Mix all ingredients by hand.
2.Form tiny balls (size of a 10cent piece) and when you have about 20, heat some canola oil.
3.Fry meatballs until just golden.
Keep forming more balls while your frying.
4.Drain cooked balls on absorbent paper
When cooked, the meatballs wil be soft and spongy due to the presence of bread crumbs and egg. As baby grows, make them larger to suit appetite.

Freeze in batches of 10 (about 5 per meal) and thaw in fridge a day before serving.
Can be eaten cold or steamed, rather than nuked in microwave.
Wow Guys!! These recipes are great!! I can't even explain how helpful this site is. I was wondering when to start my son on food like this, because some of the baby food , looks and smells DISGUSTING!!! Would much rather make him some of these yummy recipes - I wanna eat them myself! Thanks again - great job!

Marti, NSW, Baby Boy born on 17th July 2003

Zucchini and corn pasta 6 months +

(elbow macaroni can be substituted for risoni)

20g butter
1 small (50g) tomato, chopped finely
1 small (90g) Zucchini, grated coarsely
1/3 cup (60g) risoni
2 tablespoons creamed corn

Melt butter in small pan; cook tomato and zucchini, stirring, until vegetables are tender.
Meanwhile, cook risoni in medium pan of boiling water, uncovered, until tender; drain. Combine warm risoni and vegetable mixture with corn in small bowl.

makes about 2 cups (500ml)
can be frozen in individual portions

Zach likes grated cheese on top as well if you'd like to add that too.
Sign in to follow this topic