Huggies Forum

Quick and easy dinners Rss

Macaroni cheese and salad/vegies.

Just boil up any pasta you have in the cupboard, grate some cheddar cheese, mix together, heat until cheese is melted and hey presto!
My kids love it.

Are there any other ideas for dinner that you can throw together in 15 mins? Looking forward to some great recipes.

roy,mumof2,nsw

I will boil some rice, add sml can of tuna & cheese. i am a working mum so this is really quick and my son loves it.

Janelle Vic

Hi,
I throw some type of meat (chicken or lamb or whatever you fancy) in with the pasta and sauce mixes.
Some other great quick meals are to use the jars of pasta or risotto sauces and just throw them in with whatever you think.
I had dinner with a friend the other night - and what i though was a gourmet meal she'd cooked up turnt out to be a jar of Continental mushroom risotto sauce, mixed in with some fancy pasta, a bit of browned chicken breast, some frozen corn, peas and sliced zucchini, then a bit of bread on the side(she used the cheese and pineapple from bakers delight for a change). Quick, easy and very filling.

Another one of my favourites is taco's, not necessarily good for babies (although i let my 8 mth old munch on the soft taco bread) but its great for the older kids.

Mel, mum of Joshua 8, Maddison 5, Hailey 5 mths

Cheese Twists/Apple Turnovers

These make tasty little snacks for inbetween meals.

Brush a thawed layer of puff pastry with tomato sauce OR vegemite (if preferred). Sprinkle with grated tasty cheese.Cover with another layer of puff pastry, press down gently. Brush with milk and cut pasrty into about 16 strips then cut each strip in half. Twist each piece a few times. Place in 200 degree oven for about 15 mins. on non stick paper.

Alternately for a sweet snack...
Cook up apple or pear (or use tinned pie apples) add sultanas a touch of sugar and cinnamon and cool. Cut a thawed sheet of puff pastry into 4 quarters, place a dollop of apple mixture on top of each square, fold over and seal with a fork on edges. Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Bung it in a hot oven until golden, cool then eat with icecream or yoghurt or just by itself!

Lydia,SA,Mum of 4 & 3 yr old boys!

I've just found a new section on the Huggies website called Feeding Your Baby. It has some great recipes which even I could whip up. No mean feat when you think about it. The little meat balls were an absolute winner with the kids. Quite a few of the recipes were good enough for us to eat as well. I can't wait for the day when I only have to cook one meal, instead of two every night.

Happy cooking!

roy,mumof2,nsw

HI there,
one of my kids favourites is beef tortellini, sprinkled with cheese, green vegies and tomatoe sauce. I think it covers all the food groups. Surely some other mum's must have some good ideas, please pass them on as I am running out of ideas.
Thanks

tired and feeling old

I have a recipe that I found on a cooking chat site.
It is : Cheeseburger casserole, fast and easy.

1 bag of frozen chips[oven baked]
1 kg of mince
1 medium onion, chopped up fine.
1 teaspoon of minced garlic.
1 cup of shredded cheese
1 can of cream of mushroom soup 440g
1/2 can of milk the soup can]

Brown meat with onion. Drain off fat, add garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Add soup and cheese.
Pour into a greased casserole dish. Cover with fries,
and bake for 45 min, in a 350" oven until golden brown.

mumofseven

Vegetable Omelate
Hi everyone. My little girl is a terrific eater and will eat almost anything we put in front of her (yes I know I'm lucky). On of her favs is one of the easiest. Cook some frozen veges(peas, carrots, corn and beans) in the microwave as per instructions on bag. Beat 2 eggs and put them in a small frying pan. just before they are cooked through add the veges and some cheese. Flip 1/2 over to make a pastie shape and cook on both sides. Easy. You can add any leftover chicken pieces or add some tuna or other vegies that you prefer.

Fiona, NSW

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding quick and easy finger foods for my 9 month old babies? They both chew well although only one has teeth. I'm finding there are alot of bread type finger foods (sandwiches, toast, cruskits, rusks etc) but am looking for new ideas...... can you help?
Hi,
I cant remember when I gave my little girl mini meatballs but she loved them. Pikelets and mini muffins are a great treat for afternoon tea. You can serve pikelets with yoghurt and fruit. Cheese is a favourite in our house too. Hope this helps
Take Care

Fiona, NSW

If you would like any of the recipes reply and I will post them on this page

Fiona, NSW

i would love to have your quick and easy dinners

JohanneChambers@bigpond.com

Johanne_Chambers@yahoo.com.au plainland qld

Sign in to follow this topic