Huggies Forum

marshmallow easter bunny Rss

does anyone have a recipe on how to make marshmallow easter bunnies??
thanks
karen

Karen , Mum to Jesse 21/7/03, QLD

Dear Karen,
I don't have a recipe but I have seen the marshmellow bunnies in the cheap shop: Dimmies
hope this helps

sulee,nsw,babyb'day15/8/2003

Hello krichardt. I also dont have a recipe but in this weeks That Life magazine issue 14 April 7 they have a few different recipes for easter ideas. They have the recipe for Hot-cross Marshmallows. They sound really nice and they look great in the pictures.

Hot Cross Marshmallows
time required:25 mins, plus settin gtime makes about 24 marshmallows

1 1/3 cups of castor sugar
2/3 ups cold water
2 tablespoons gelatine
1/3 cup boiling water
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
TO DECORATE
375g Nestle Melts- Dark
30g Vegetable shortening
250g prepared almond-flavoured paste

Step 1. using an electric mixer, beat sugar and cold water in a large bowl on high speed for 3 min. Dissolve gelatine in boiling water, stir in honey and vanilla. With mixer running, pour gelatine into sugar syrup mixture and beat on high speed 10-12 min, until thick and fluffy.
2. line a 20 x 30 cm baking pan with baking paper. Spoon mixture into prepared pan, level the surface with a spatula. Refrigerate until set, Dip a 4cm round cutter into icing sugar, and cut marshmallow into rounds.
3. Melt the dark chocolate and begetable shorening. Cool and dip the marshmallows in the chocolate. Place onto baking paper and refrigerate until set. Roll the almond paste to 3mm thick on a surface lightly dusted with icing sugar. Cut into strips and use to decorate the top of each marshmallow(in a cross). Transfer to paper cups to serve.

You may be able to use the marshmallow recipe on its own. I hope this helps.
Hi Karen,

This is the marshmallow recipe off the back of my bunny mould packet.

3 teaspoons or 1 envelope Gelatine
125ml hot water
60ml cold water
150g castor sugar
10ml vanilla essence

Method:
Place the sugar and cold water into a large bowl and beat for 5 minutes with an electric mixer. In seperate dish, add gelatine and hot water and stir briskly with a fork until dissolved. While still hot, add to the sugar solution and beat on high speed until mixture is very thick and white, approx. 10 minutes. Add desired flavour and colour. Beat again and pour into chilled mould and refrigerate until firm.

Sam, Brissie Mum DD 13, DS 10, DS 5 & DS 5 months

Great recipie Sam! Thanks grin
Hey Karen- if you dont have any moulds, you can create your own, simply by filling a bowl, with sifted icing sugar,and pressing something into it, to leave an impression. (as a kid i used to like to make "hand"shapes)
For Easter perhaps a thoroughly washed egg, gently pressed in, would be appropriate.
..The icing sugar makes handling easier too, once the marshmellow sets(and tastes yummy) After, they can be coated/drizzled in chocolate and set in the fridge.
Have Fun!!

man child is growing up too quickly!

Sign in to follow this topic