Huggies Forum

Need a Salad Recipe Please Rss

Am having people for lunch on Saturday and I am rubbish at making salad! So does anyone have a nice easy and yummy one they dont mind sharing please??

the only salad we ever have is really yummy, grated cheese and grated carrot shredded lettuce, and chicken breast(cooked and then teared into pieces) and mix all together

i make a pasta salad with cooked shell noodles or other small noodles. once cooked cool in fridge but mix some olive oil in first so they dont stick whilst they cool

then add crispy diced bacon (cooled) ( i cook mine in the oven between foil so u get the ceasor salad type bacon , hard and tasty )
diced red capsicum
grated carrot
1 small drained tin corn
mayonaise and cream . dpeends on how much u have made but u want enough mayo to coat and then some cream to make it yummy and creamy (try it as u add) . then add chopped shallots

YUMMO )

Id love to share my potato salad cos it is soo yummy and everyone should try it smile

you need:
1kg of spuds
1 onion (finely diced)
3/4 cup of sour cream
1/2 cup sweet chilli sauce
1/2 cup of mayo
2 tbls of mustard
optional:
2-3 spring onions
2 eggs (boiled)

Steam the potatoes until there cooked
Mix onion through the potatoes
Combine the sour cream, sweet chilli sauce, mayo and mustard in a small bowl
Stir the sauce through the potatoes
Garnish with spring onions and eggs

smile
You can't go past the chinese noodle sald on the back of the Changs noodles packet,it uses a chinese cabbage,pine nuts and a super easy dressing that you make in a saucepan on the stove.It is sooooo delicious!!

Or another favourite is a bacon and haloumi salad.

Put assorted leaves,cucumber,tomato and salad onion in a bowl.
Fry chopped bacon in a pan,remove bacon and let cool a bit before adding to salad,put cut up haloumi in frypan and cook either side and add to salad.So good!

Or
Caesar salad

chop a cos lettuce,add a decent amount of croutons,chopped cookedbacon,boiled eggs quartered,fresh grated parmesan and topped with Paul Newmans Caesar dressing! YUM!!

Hi,

I'm a pasta salad fan. I always make this and it always all goes.

Pasta salad

250g Small Pasta
1 Grated Carrot
1 Green Capsicum
1 Red Capsicum
Small Tin of Corn
3-4 Shallots
2 Sticks Celery
250g Jar Mayo

Boil Pasta until tender.

Cut all Vegies and put in a bowl.

Wait for Pasta to cool then mix with vegies and mayo.

Best made the day before so vegies are not too crunchy.

Mel

This is a tasty and easy salad, adults and kids all seem to love it and come back for 2nds.

Wombok Salad Recipe

I've never tried it with savoy cabbage, only Wombok. I use an extra light olive oil because I found the virgin olive oil was too strong in flavour. I don't add the sesame oil....I also heat the salad dressing in a small saucepan to dissolve the sugar properly, then cool before adding to the rest of the salad.
I have a yummy potato salad recipe that has boiled eggs, bacon and a wholegrain mustard dressing too but will have to get back to you with the recipe (if you want it).
By far the BEST salad in the world.....

2 avocadoes, diced
4 rashers of bacon, diced and fried til crispy
1 large mango, diced

Mix together in a large bowl.

Senbloodysational. I usually squeeze the mango seed and use that as the "dressing" over it. You can alter the amounts of what you put in too...i.e. more bacon.... grin Great with a bbq, or with fish, chicken, or anything, seriously is the best salad ever.
That sounds great but now where do I find a mango at this time of year?

That sounds great but now where do I find a mango at this time of year?

Um. LOL. Here?? Hehehehe

Um. LOL. Here?? Hehehehe

Haha very funny,send it down with a hot tip!!!! laugh

Sign in to follow this topic