Huggies Forum

mince recipes Rss

does anyone have aby recipes using mince apart from spag bol as my boys like mince about the on;y meat the 3 year old eats email me at virpikaarina@aol.com to share any please thank you

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Hi there!
I found a great recipe for mince in the recipes on t he huggies web site. It is called basic baby beef stew. If you don't blend it, it would be a great meal for a three year old ( don't mind it myself actually). There is also shephards pie/cotage pie which is also full of veges and so easy to make and usally a winner with the kid's.(Can find this recipe anywhere on the net if you do a search for mince recipes).
Hope I have been some help & happy cooking
Stacey

StaceyW.A Cody(Son)10/7/03Jordyn(Daughter)25/11/04

hi thank you gorgot about sheperd pie yum

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

This post has been edited by the moderator.
Hello here is another mince recipe from my sons day care. I havent actually eaten this myself but the other day when I was at the centre they were cooking it and the smell was out of this world!!
BOBOTIE (Baked mince and egg dish from South Africa)
400g good quality minced beef
1 large onion chopped
5 eggs
1/2 teaspoon tumeric
1 1/2 cups milk
1 clove garlic crushed
2 slices wholemeal bread broken up
1/2 - 1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon of vinegar

Brown meat in frypan, add onion and garlic. Cook 2 minutes. Soak bread in a quarter of the milk. Combine meat, vinegar, curry powder, tumeric, bread and one of the eggs, beaten. Place this mixture into a baking dish. Pat flat.

Bake in a moderate oven for 20 minutes. Beat together the remainder of milk and eggs. Pour this custard mixture over meat and bake a further 20 minutes or until custard is set.

Yummy!!!

The also gave me this recipe as they said this is really nice as well.

CHINESE MINCE
1 tablespoons butter
1 pound mince
1/4 cabbage
1 carrot
1 onion
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 pkt chicken noodle soup
2 tablespoons rice
water
Melt butter in fry pan and brown mince. Add all other ingredients and simmer 40 minutes.

Good luck!
Hi Janeen,

I have just printed out the above recipies and I am going to try making them for my 16 month old daughter. They sound yummy... so fingers crossed she will love them.

Thanks for posting them grin

Michelle.
Sign in to follow this topic