Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. Your Stories
  5. Creepy Crawlies in the feet of gro-suits

Creepy Crawlies in the feet of gro-suits Rss

I'm not sure if this is a true story or if it is one of those urban myths. My sister says that this happened to a friend of a lady at her work!! Apparently there was a white tail spider hiding in the foot of her baby's grosuit and it bit the baby. The baby was screaming, but they couldn't work out what was wrong with it (you wouldn't think to take their gro-suit off and check for creepy crawlies).
As I said, I don't know how authentic this story is. Has anyone else ever heard a similar story....and did it happen to a friend of a friend of a friend!!!!
I must say, I always check to feet of gro-suits now before I put them on my baby.....just in case!!!
I reckon every mother who reads this story will be checking the feet from now on......even if the story isn't true!!!!

Michelle - Mum to 2

Hi Michelle,
I'd never thought to check the feet before. I read this last night and when I went to bed whenever I closed my eyes all I saw was spiders.
Its creepy. I'm scared of spiders so I'm always quick to kill them and until recently we had 3 bushes in our front yard that started off as attracting bees then I noticed they had a lot of spiders webs on them (like they'd been sprayed with silly string). It turns out all 3 were infested with spiders nests so I pulled them out.
Now hubby's ute had got heaps of spiders in it as we put them in the back and it was a few days before he could dispose of them. Yuk.
Kristy

member since 2004

that is so weird i just read this but had a dream about spiders last night!!!!

i always find socks in the growsuit feet which is weird cos he never has socks on when wearing grow suits.

and its amazing what you find in the corners of freshly washed doona covers!!!!!

love steph smile

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Hi
I dont know about creepy crawlies but can definately say to check the grow suits. When Matthew was about 3 months old I was dressing him in the morning and found that his little toe was hanging off, so of course i freaked, in the end he was in hospital and had to have an operation, as a piece of fabric from the suit had become wrapped around his toe and cut into it. I had never heard of this happenign before but apparently its very common in young ones.

Karlee, WA, 1 & 2 yr old boys.

i can relate to the last story, my little one was about 4/5 months old and she had a bad night and in the morning when i took of her woudersuit there was a small cotton thread wrapped around one of her toes.
she wasent hurt as much as your little one but it still made me think twice about what you put your kids in.

catherine mum to tasmin and Liam

Hi all havent had this happen to me but after reading these stories when I hang storms grow suits up on the line I pull the feet inside out, so that when I bring them in and fold them I have to turn the feet the right way and if anything was to be inside the feet i wouldnt miss it.

Have a great day

Storm 21/04/04,Blade 21/09/05 + one on the way

i have never thought to check i dont even want to think about it i know now that i will always have them inside out now just incase.
its not only wonder souts its socks too!!

SA mum with baby jacob 20th sep 04

Urban myth or not, its a good thing to think about. A good tip to avoid this kinds of things are was hang out and fold up inside out.

Sharon, 24, Qld, 2 boys 3 & 5, girl 1.

I think it would probally be true.
White tips are attracted to Black house spiders. It really is their only food source. If anybody has a pergola, or trees or plants than they are likly to have House spiders...therefore white tips.
We have alot. We insect bomb our house every 3 months but that doesnt kill them all.
Whitetips arnt deadly to adults..babies im not sure but I tell you I find white tips in the scariest srtanges of all places.
We have had 2 in a year just innocently walking over us in our sleep and when you wake up from a deep sleep to find a really big white tip kinda freaks u out even when you arnt scared.
They love to hide in cloths but mainly love things that are left on the floor in a pile or under somehthng on the floor.
Dont leave cloths on the floor...I wish I knew of a way to get rid of every house spider I have outside and Im gonna try some mortein at home outdoor. BUt they are everywhere here.
Just double check a few things..they donlt like to be disturbed.

mum to bayden 25/02/05

ahhhh thats freaky and definately not a post to read just before logging off to go to bed for the night lol.
I have never had a problem with things in the feet of clothes I guess because generally I always turn things inside out to dry on the line (a habit passed down from my mum) that and because my older son has short legs and I usually have to take the legs up on clothes and have found if I hang them inside out then when it comes time to let the hem down the inside has faded the same as the outside.
but i will definatelty be double checking the feet I dont want a nasty surprise when I put my hand in there either!!

Jane, sydney, tyler(5mths) Jaycob (8yrs)

Sign in to follow this topic