Huggies Forum

Whats With The Moderators? Rss

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with the moderators on this site I know they have to do there job but every time I seem to reply to a post I have to wait for them to check it.

Let me know!

See Ya

Bec
I've noticed that sometimes I have to wait and sometimes I don't.

What is the criteria for something being moderated and how do we tell if it is or isn't a moderated subject????

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

I know it may be annoying having to wait but it really is better to have a moderator than not. It prevents any nasty or dangerous remarks from invading this forum. Having a moderator makes for a lot more enjoyable and safe forum. Bear with the inconvenience it really is worth it.

Kelly,QLD, boy 23.01.03 and girl 08.04.05

I agree that its better to have a moderator as it does stop hurtful and nasty coments being made, but I was wondering how it does work as I made a comment on a particular post (one I started) and it went straight through and then when I made a different comment on the same message, it said it had to wait. Maybe there might be key words that hold it up. But like kelba said - its better to bear with the inconvenience than have nasty or dangerous comments destroy such a helpful and pleasant forum.

Mum to DD 08.08.03 and DS 12.05.05

I had the same thing happen as Phantom. I know the moderators are here to protect us, but we are all a pretty good bunch, and I don't think any of us would say anything to hurt someone.

I would be interested to know how the moderated posts work too, but we very rarely see any posts made by them, and how do they moderate the posts that are delivered straight to the forum?
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Hi there to all our members,

yes we do try to make this a positive forum for you to visit and by the number of new members we get each week it seems like we may be on the right track.

In answer to your questions regarding "criteria for moderation", this is done automatically as Phantom suggested not by subject matter but by using key words. We try to deal with these posts quickly but of course we can't be online 24/7. The team at Huggies Parents Exchange are always looking for ways to improve the site for its members and we have just recently reviewed our "triggers for moderation" which should see a significant increase in posts going straight onto the forum. We also hope to bring you some new features over the coming months.

Thanks for your support and we look forward to your continued participation on Huggies Parents Exchange.

Regards,

Lauraine (The Moderator)
Thankyou Lauraine for explaining how the forum is moderated. I understand it can be quite a big task moderating forums (thats what the Eques moderators tell us - they have 6 of them). Thanks also for a great site. Its been very interesting and helpful to me. I just wish I had known about it when I was pregnant!

Mum to DD 08.08.03 and DS 12.05.05

Lauraine

Thanks for explaining I can understand what you have to do as there are some wackos out there so Thankyou again!
It just gets a bit frustrating at times thats all.

See ya

Bec
they dont like negative comments on the nappies i posted a mesage but it got deleted it was to say that the jumior nappies are hard to remove i have found when opening them in the morning after a full nites sleep they rip not really a bad thng just annoying.

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Hi VKW

Sorry for the misunderstanding. When you directed your initial query to me I presumed you wanted a personal response and that you did not intend for this to be a general comment on the forum. I sent you a personal response that suggested you contact our Customer Advisory Service through the "Help" function on the top tool bar, or by calling 1800 028 334. They will be able to assist you with your query and also welcome your feedback. If you didn't receive my message, can I suggest that you also update your details.

Here is a copy of your original post.
"lauraine i have a qustion about thenappies i noticed that the tabs sometimes stick too much as when i remove a nappy in the morning after having it on all nite the strip with the pictures gets ripped off its so hard to remove"

I hope this clears things up for you.

Cheers
Lauraine
just an old post from a few years ago that I thought I'd bump...

Haven't seen mum2mum for a while... I wonder I wa wa wa wa wonder........
and here I was thinking Lauraine popped in to say hello

1 monkey, 1 diva = the love of my life

Sign in to follow this topic