Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

joining a playgroup Lock Rss

Hello Everyone

I am looking at joining at playgroup next year for our 2 year old and I just found out the fees are $202.00 for the year which is payable next month!

$160.00 is for the 4 terms (attendance is once a week) $22 is for playgroup insurance and $20.00 is for any siblings that go along! our little girl will be almost 1 but I can't imagine she will be doing much!

anyway living on one income and right before christmas I am not sure how we are going to swing it, but at the same time i think it would be good for our little boy to be mixing with other children around his age on a regular basis (we have friends from mums group but don't catch up with them each week anymore)

So i am not sure what to do, does anyone recommend playgroup?

thanks everyone

bye

melly

melissa, vic, Patrick 2.5 & Laura 15 months

Hi Melis,
Wow. I have to say your playroup sure does charge a lot. The one I attend is $28 a year for Playgroup Australia and $2 every week or you can pay by the term. Playgroup is great if you have kids around the same age group as your own attending. My daughter loves it as long as there is someone her own age to play with.
Is that the only playgroup in your area? Maybe you could email Playgroup Aust. and find out about others. I hope this has helped.

Cheers, PMScott

PMS

Hi Melly

I haven't attended playgroup before, but I have just done a bit of ringing around to find one for the twins. Go to www.playgroup.org.au and you should find a few around your area. I don't know if you are just after a group for your kids to play with other children or if you are after something more structured/formal.

I was looking for something casual. The one place I actually spoke to is free - they only ask for a gold coin donation. I guess they are just like a mothers' group and anyone can turn up. I'll be checking this one out next week. I didn't want one where there were huge fees and charges, because with twins, I find it hard to commit to anything on a regular basis. I guess with this particular playgroup, if we don't like it, I'll just check out other playgroups until we find one that we like.

I would like to hear from others who have structured playgroups - what to expect, costs, etc, so that I can compare. Thanks.

Twins' Mum, VIC, E & A born 4/04

sounds a bit expensive i cannot remember what our play group assoc.. fees are about $22-30 per yr we pay another $5 for the zone fee , weekly we pay $5 per family regardless of how many kids u have in our play grrup we decided to pay another $60 per yr insted of doing fundraising so we can pay for the kids outings etc we love play group but not sure if its or my kids who benefit more we have all made lots of good friends

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

melly,
I have just started up a playgroup in Wheelers Hill (vic). We charge $22 for membership to Playgroup Victoria and $20 per term for our playgroup needs.

If you are near by and want to take a look just let me know....
Good luck

Michelle, Melb.Vic, 3 boys 8,6,& 2 1/2.

Sign in to follow this topic