Huggies Forum

Pink or Blue? Rss

This post has been edited by the moderator.
Toni,

Those people might not be as silly as you think - we don't know what we are having but I'll be def dressing a girl in blue (my fav colour) maybe not a boy in pink..... but you never know smile

whats even funnier is I saw a guy introduced to a baby (girl) whose name was Stella and he asked if it was a boy or girl!!!!

What a crazy world we live in smile

Steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Hi tonipie,

Funny you should post this topic... when my daughter was a few weeks old I took her to the shops dressed in a pink out fit, very girly. A man came up to me and said "That's a new one... what is it?" I gave him a puzzled look and said "It's a girl and yes she is new!" I found it totally bizzare.

We do live in a funny world...

My daughter wears blue, but I'd avoid putting a boy in pink... in public anyway.

Michelle
hi there tonipie,
I loved being pregnant but that was the one thing that annoyed me. People asking did you know what it was and then they would guess them selves. In the end I felt like putting a sign above my head saying I dont know the sex and I am this far along. I ended up having a beautiful girl and she is healthy. Mind you when she came out my supportive mother goes " oh, its a girl", she was expecting it to be a boy. I dress my daughter in what ever colour I choose as I like the blues and greens. Some think it is a boy but as long as you know what it is you can dress your child in whatever colour you think.(but i suppose i wouldnt dress a boy in pink, hehe)

bams,WA, 3mth daughter

i took my daughter to the shops and dressed her all in white. people looked and said what a cute baby but didnt ask boy or girl. but when she is in pink they ask.
what wallys.
i think i might give her a blue dummy in a pink dress. wonder what ppl will say then
hahahah:)

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

Just to confuse people I like to dress my little girl in blue dresses, it gives us a laugh when strangers are about to comment on the baby boy then they realise it's a floral or frilly blue dress:)

Meg,Qld,littlegirl

Toni
Yes i've been exposed 2 those same fools you have, but it was close to 7 years ago. It's nice 2 knoe that nothing has changed.
I have twins that will be 7 next month a girl and a boy,my girl would have a PINK dress on with headband and all,and people would stop me and twins is'nt that lovley 2 BOYS. Whatever.
Sarah..
I can relate to what your saying about comments when pregnant.

When i was pregnant i worked in a video store one day, all the same day i had the comments-
"gee, you're big"
"kinda small foe 7 months"
"difinatly a boy"
"your carring a girl"
and my fav
"i didnt even know that you were pregnant"
yes i just had too much mcdonalds and ended up with this funny bump in front of me.

People are most deninatly wallys.

Any similar experiances out there?

marianne, Qld , mum cheeky monkey 14months

i had a pink blanket pink dummy pink teddy pink outfit pink everything in the pram and they asked what "it" was not what sex is the baby what "it" was.

yeah i got sick of telling the same people ever week how long i still had to go.

got sick of people looking at me like i was 14 (i dont look very old) i got sick of people guessing and people who didnt have kids telling me advice and stuff and how to raise my child

i was huge when preggas so noone could mistake my belly. enormous (still are cant seem to lose it)

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

Sometimes Maya goes to daycare looking like a boy lol - lots of blue hand me downs that we use as 'play' clothes!

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

off the track maya is GORGEOUS. beautifil gorgeous brown eyes you have an adorable daughter. what does Te Irirangi Maramas mean?

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

people are funny i was booked into the hospital for the following day for a c section when i was shopping for toiletries i said to the gorl i want a shoewr gel. a small bottle that would fit in my small bag that i was taking into hospital she said whats wrong i said i am having a lump removed from my stomach she said do you know what iti s? i said yes a baby!you should have seen her face she said i did not know you wre pregnant!

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Sign in to follow this topic