Huggies Forum

i need your feedback Rss

my partner has started the first dads playgroup in qld and he is having alittle trouble getting new members so i just wanted to pick your brains mums and dads i would love your input mums would you get your partners or babys dads to take your kids to an all dads playgroup and why? and dads would you go to an all dads playgroup its on sunday mornings 10 till 12 and they just go to the park and play with the kids and talk and sometimes go somewhere exciting? we would love to hear from you all?

thank-you erin

Hello Erin

have you tried putting up a notice at your local health centre? I am sure they wouldn't mind if you asked them!

It sounds like a good idea and quality time dads can spend with their little boy or little girl!

Let your friends know as well that way it may get back to others who are interested in joining!

all the best and let everyone know how you go!

bye

melissa

melissa, vic, Patrick 2.5 & Laura 15 months

It is a fantastic idea but in saying that when I asked my partner he said as he works all week when he is at home on the weekend he has jobs to do and wants to spend his time with our son and me. Also needs to spend time catching up with existing friends so he says while it sounds great he probably wouldn't be inclined to go. I just thought this might help any maybe explain why you were having trouble getting new members. I could be totally wrong though but it is just an idea and I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

Kelly,QLD, boy 23.01.03 and girl 08.04.05

Hi Erin,

I think it is a great idea but have to agree with Kelly. I know my husband wouldn't go mainly because on weekends it is all about catching up with our son but also catching up together. Some dads work 6 days a week so Sunday is the only time that they are home. Why don't you make it a family thing instead? I know that because I work full time, I really miss catching up with my mothers group so I don't get that interaction either. Or perhaps try and target dads who can bring toddlers leaving mum at home with a baby for some one on one time. I think targeting the mums in this case will push the dads to do it. Does that make sense? I think it is a really positive thing that you are doing, especially where there are lots of families where the dads don't spend enough time with their kids.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Yvette
What a fantastic idea

My Husband said if there was one near us he would go.

These things take time maybe by word of mouth etc more dads will join.

Good luck

Tineka, Mum to Hamish 3yrs, Abby 1yr & 1due 10/04

What a fantastic idea, I wish we had something like this in Hobart. My partner is always saying there isn't enough for dads to do with their children.Have you also tried advertising this playgroup on your local radio station. I know that radios like to do community announcements.

Leanda, Tas, 11mth baby

i have not ask my partner yet but im sure he would like to join as he has not got much friend since moving up here(only work friend) it would be nice we live in qld too where about in qld do u live

Tyler 12/6/03 . Dion 10/11/08

thank you all so much for your feed back it was really great and i think you are right daniel ( my partner) works 6 days a week as well so i can see where your all comming from i just love the 2 hours a fortnight to myself its all i get but there are some weeks like this morning where they invite the mums along to as for the advertising they have flyer at child health and all over the place they have been on the front page of the courier mail and also playtimes the playgroup paper and we are at every communitee event promoting it maybe radio is the next option thank you so much guys for your feedback we are at ipswich and if you wont to contact me my email is erinlachie@msn.com

thank-you erin

Sign in to follow this topic