Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Does anyone have a "gifted" child??????

Does anyone have a "gifted" child?????? Lock Rss

Hi guys, I am looking for some support and other people in out situation. We have a lovely little boy who is 20 mth and is showing signs of a gifted child. This runs in our family and both I and my partner are of above average IQ (not trying to blow my own horn) whilst this is nice from a education point of view we are a little concerned about the social repcutions, he is very social now but likes the kids about 3 age group as that is where his mentaly at ( we think). He can count to 10 recognise all the letters in the alphabet, recognise each number 0 to 9 and is starting to work out how to put numbers together ie 20, 30 ect. He knows most body parts and colours. But the most interesting thing is that he has a "mechanical" mind, ie does puzzles and likes to pull things apart to see how they work. He speeks in phrases and small sentences up to 6 or 7 words and his favourite work is "Why?". If anyone is in the same situation I would love to hear from you especially if you have multiple children as we have another one due in May. HELP!!!!!!!

Im not really in the same situation but i think that if he is happy to do his own thing just go with it. My 2 year old likes older children too and it really doesn't bother me I just give him things that I think will challenge him or that he'll simply enjoy.

Lee. Mum of William 1/1/04 & Lily 10/8/05

Sign in to follow this topic