Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Already got Christmas stuff at reduced prices- BIG W

Already got Christmas stuff at reduced prices- BIG W Lock Rss

I went into Big W yesterday to have a look at where the stuff was so i would be able to get it quicker without having to look around when packed once the sale started. I took some stuff to the layby desk, and they said that the sale hadnt started yet. I said it didnt matter, i wanted the stuff anyway, but if you are displaying it at the price so dont you have to sell it at the price shown. i wasnt being nasty or causing a scene about it- like i said i wanted it anyway, and she said you know what your right- and put everything thru at toy sale prices. So i had to pay 10% deposit, but she said as long as i made regualar repayments, i didnt necessarily have to pick stuff up by the 10 week due date anyway. All without lining up at all!!! And got everything that i wanted, didnt have to worry about them running out of stock!!

did you see the wooden kitchen there? do you know how much they were selling it for?

How time flies!!

most of the items in the sale are not actually reduced prices anyway....

anything that's an "everyday" or "special purchase" item will already be available at the advertised price

i saw it... wish i could remember the price it was less then a hundred

the wooden kitchen on page 12 is $49.88
the big wooden kitchen on page 39 is $148.00

Hamish & Harrison "together forever"

Posted by: Open_Sesame
did you see the wooden kitchen there? do you know how much they were selling it for?

its $148, martia.

ive been to big w 3 times in the past 3 days and there have been heaps of people doing the smart thing and just buying the stuff thats not reduced (such as the kitchen, dolls house, swing set etc)
Sorry - i have 2 boys so i only looked at boys stuff!

I put about 15 things on layby, some were special purchase and everyday prices, but there were maybe 4 or 5 things that were reduced for the sale, and she put then thru at those prices.

Sooo glad to have christmas sorted already, and to not have to stand in line forever to layby- mind you, Target will probably have stuff i want so i will have to go stand in that one!!

My Big W has them for $168 - thats why I wanted to know the price. I might send Big W an email and ask.

How time flies!!

Posted by:

I put about 15 things on layby, some were special purchase and everyday prices, but there were maybe 4 or 5 things that were reduced for the sale, and she put then thru at those prices.

i dont know how they managed to put reduced tickets on anything because its all done through the computers so wont change until 2pm the day before

it can be done manually but that wouldn't be just a simple mistake

Yeah do that Marita because they use to match the price and give 10% off difference Hope they still do
I have still put it on Layby as I do want it, just annoyed that the price is heaps different. But I am glad I did it on my own yesterday without the kids as it was really heavy, there is now way I could have done it with a pram as well.

How time flies!!

Claire- I am the same you I never layby as I have a fear its going to get lost, I prefer to just buy it at the time, if I can't afford it, I don't get it! Plus I always forget to go and pay fortnightly!

I only laybyed this time as there is no way I could get it home on my own! Plus I need to start bribing DH as I think this purchase may end in divorce! He didn't want me to get it, but I did it anyway.

How time flies!!

Sign in to follow this topic