Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. What do you do for Mother's Day?

What do you do for Mother's Day? Rss

Hello All,

As a mum without a mum, I find mother's day to be a bit bitter-sweet. On one hand I am sad because my mum isn't here and on the other hand I am happy because I get to spend mother's day with my beautiful daughter.

What do mum's out there do for mother's day? How do you make it special for you and your children? I'd love to hear...

Michelle smile

Hello Michelle

that must be hard for you! think about your special little girl and in years to come how much she is going to make it a special day for you!

This mothers day my hubby, son and I are going out for brekkie as my hubby is going to the footy (which I don't mind)

My mum and I are not that close so I am not sure what to do for her this year! maybe go out for lunch!

have a wonderful mothers day michelle and ever other mum out there too!

bye

melly

melissa, vic, Patrick 2.5 & Laura 15 months

hi there,

this will be my second mothers day this year (my daughter will be nearly 16 mths) and I think this time round it will be even more special because she is that little older than last year and I can have more fun with her. My mum lives interstate, thus cannot spend it with her so this year my husband and daughter and I are going out for a picnic lunch (here's hoping for nice weather!) at a park where Baylee can run amuck. This will of course follow after my breakfast in bed!! Mother's day is a special day for us where we should sit back relax and enjoy being pampered by the family, but for now I will enjoy it even more playing with my daughter, running around after her and being spoilt by my husband as he will get the same treatment on Fathers Day.

Mel, SA

Well, this year will be my FIRST mothers day!! How exciting! EXCEPT, my partner is working on mother's day ... he leaves home around 7am ... so no brekky in bed sad BUT ... hopefully we'll go out for dinner when he gets home ... with our little cutie pie!! It feels so good to be somebody's MUM!!

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

Hi brandons_mum,

I think there are a lot of us who rely on our husband's to look after us on Mothers Day... and yes mine is working on Mothers Day too sad

Luckily for me though, he has the afternoon / night shift... so I still might get that breakfast in bed smile

Happy Mothers Day to all the first time mummy's too. Hope you all have a great day.

Michelle
Hi Michelle and everyone else,

I want to say a big Congratulations to all us mums, and i hope we all have a wonderful day, and even more especially those who are mums for the first mothers day! smile

I am in the same boat as Michelle, with no mum here, and hubby working night shift. Hopefully hubby will do something nice for me with the kidlets before i head off to work at 10.30am.

Have a nice day,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi Michelle and all other mums.

My husband is working all day as well, so i am taking myself and my two girls out for lunch and then we are going to play in the park for a while.

Then when hubby gets home we will all go out for dinner. I don't have my mum in the same state as me so I will just be with my girls and hubby.

Enjoy Mothers Day all of you. And even if you don't have hubbys to spoil you. Spoil yourselves by doing something different with your kids and having a fun day with your special angels. Being a mum is hard but is very rewarding and fulfilling.

Happy Mothers Day.

Danielle

QLD DD 2/02 DD 3/03 DD 2/05 Jack 23/3/07

Hi to all the wonderful Mummies

It is my First Mother's Day this year too.

Hubby has been away for work all week and we are lucky that he will at least be home for Mother's day, he is off again on Monday.

We dont have any plans as yet but I am grateful that we will be able to spend it together as a family.

Like you Danielle, I also have mum interstate so I cant celebrate it with her.

Michelle and Tepe look at what you both have achieved on your own. You should be so proud of yourselves. I am sure your mums are!!!

Enjoy Mother's day everyone and enjoy your precious little ones.

Take care!!

helena- vic- ds-3.5 dd- 1

Hi Helen,

Happy first Mother's Day...

Thankyou for your sweet thoughts. smile

I try to do my best everyday...

Some days are just better than others.

Thanks to all the mum's who have shared there thoughts on Mother's Day I appreciate it.

Michelle
Michelle,

I think as long as you have your kids around you on Mothers Day, It doesn't matter what you do or where you go.

It's their love that gets you through & thats what matters on Mothers Day & every other day of the year.

I hope you all have a happy mothers day.

Cheers.

Michelle - Mum to 2

Last year my daughter made me friut toast (with a little help from Daddy) and brought it upstairs to me in bed and that was lovely. She thought she was very special doing this. It was a beautiful start to Mothers day for me. we just usually take it easy as a family and that suits me fine.

Nush,Qld mum to Caitlin(18/8/00)and Ella(24/7/04)

Last year my daughter made me fruit toast (with a little help from Daddy) and brought it up to me in bed and that was lovely. She thought she was very special. We just usually take it easy and that is fine with me. Nice quiet family day.

Nush,Qld mum to Caitlin(18/8/00)and Ella(24/7/04)

Sign in to follow this topic