Huggies Forum

new shoes help Lock Rss

whats the best way to break them in by next weekend please?
wear them around the house, if you think they are going to rub wear them first with socks at home
Maybe wear them around the house with a thin pair of socks on underneath?? (depending on the style of shoe) Wear them in a little each day?

wet newspaper scrunched up in little balls and pushed into the toe to soften it overnight
Yep i say the wet newspaper is best. If they still hurt on the day, get those clear blister preventers for the spots that rub.

thanks heaps I shall now put them on lol
Posted by: aboutagirl
wet newspaper scrunched up in little balls and pushed into the toe to soften it overnight

Does that really work?
They are open toe so how would I do it?
Rubbing the insides with vaseline also helps smile) (if they are not sneakers!)
Posted by: **Suz**
Posted by: aboutagirl

Does that really work?
They are open toe so how would I do it?

It worked on my work shoes and my Docs. Not sure how it would go on an open toe brcause you have to really sqish it in to open and soften iykwim?
I'll give it a try.

Thank you
Suz you can also fill a bag (make sure it has no holes in it) with rice and put it inside the shoe, then pour in some hot water, the rice absorbs the water therefore stretching the shoes. Leave in overnight and by morning you have a gluggy bag of rice, but a nicely stretched/softened shoe to go with it.
Wear them around the house!!
Sign in to follow this topic