Huggies Forum

UPDATE from me... Lock Rss

Well after 36 hours of early labour, getting to 5cm dilated and spending the night at hospital....everything stopped and I am now at home still in one piece. Apparently bub is posterior (back against my back) and that could be why labour never fully established. Dr didn't want to break my waters in case the contractions didn't start again.

So I have a very sore tummy (feel like I have been beaten up a little lol) and have been gotten a handful of contractions since I got home, so hopefully something will happen over the next few days....otherwise Monday the hospital will organise an induction.

Tash

Thought I would add, that I tested positive to Strep Band was given the antibiotics, so some good did come of the hospital visit lol.
[Edited on 20/10/2008]
Good luck!!
I hope things happen soon!!

Cant wait to hear your baby news:)]

good luck hun i think u will have bubs before monday hope u have a nice smooth run from now on
oh you poor thing, that would be terrible for you!
Hopefully your little one decides to come really soon, with a nice and quick labour smile

Good luck, hope to hear of the new arrival soon.
good luck hun i think u will have bubs before monday hope u have a nice smooth run from now on
good luck!! im suprised he wouldnt break your waters being 5cms but i think you might go on your own anyway smile
Posted by: Denae
good luck!! im suprised he wouldnt break your waters being 5cms but i think you might go on your own anyway smile

He said that because bub is posterior its head isn't as far down as it should have been, which means there is a higher risk of the cord coming out first if he did break my waters.
Oh no, not good! Definately don't want that!! Im hoping bubs turns for you smile apparently half of posterior babies turn half way through labour so maybe theres hope for you. Ive heard how painful they are!
Time to get down on all fours and sway back & forth... apparently that makes them turn from posterior. DD was wedged, so nothing worked for me though...
LOL I don't know if I will be able to get back off the floor but I will give it a go. The midwife said to sit on my dining room chair backwards and lean forward lots.
Oh bugger!!! Hope its not too much longer for you.
hey!
My Ds was born posterior no signs of labour, just doing my groceries when my waters broke so only a 9hr labour!
And noone informed me he was posterior and labour wasnt really painful and i even gave birth on my back?... so who knows hope you are the same and little one doesnt cause too much back pain!!!
Goodluck

Sign in to follow this topic