Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Is anyone a member of playgroup vic?

Is anyone a member of playgroup vic? Rss

Hello Everyone

I have a fantastic mums group and we meet every week so our children can play. Since I am a stay at home mum and find myself getting a bit bored I was thinking of joining a playgroup I know you play a membership fee, that's okay.

I was just wondering if anyone else joined an outside playgroup with their little ones and what they think?

thanks everyone

melly

melissa, vic, Patrick 2.5 & Laura 15 months

Hi,

i joined a playgroup a few months ago. i find that it is ok, bubs is still only crawling so she is on a dusty timber church hall floor. So you should consider the venue when you join if your baby is not walking yet.

It will probably get better once she is walking but for now cause i'm constantly watching out for other kids in case they step on her or trip over, i haven't gotten to know the other mums that well.

If you can wait a bit longer it would be better to wait until your baby is walking properly so you don't have to worry about the older kids injuring your child.

Vic, 2 girls - 9 yo & 17mth old

Hi Melly
I am a member of Playgroup Vic and my baby is 10 mths. You can join a group or develop one of your own. Just make sure that if you join a group it is of similar age. At the moment my playgroup benefits us mums as our babies are close to the same age and we talk about our babies of course! Later the child benefits by interacting and joining in relevant activities to suit their age such as painting, dress ups etc...If you log into Playgroup Vic, there are names of people to conatct to join a group in the area you live in. The membership fee is around $20 per year and tbat is for insurance purposes. The venue that the playgroup is held may charge you a small fee to cover costs.
Who knows I might see you in my playgroup!!
Hello MaryT

the playgroup we are going to is tomorrow at hampton.

I think there are a couple of babies are bit older, but I will find out tomorrow

thanks for the replies!

bye

melly

melissa, vic, Patrick 2.5 & Laura 15 months

Sign in to follow this topic