Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Travelling overseas with nearly 2yr old - need advice

Travelling overseas with nearly 2yr old - need advice Rss

Just need some advice from any mums who have travelled overseas with my nearly 2 yr old child.

What sort of things should we being taking for food and enterainment? We'll be flying emirates airlines in September and what sort of toys should I take to entertain my nearly 2 yr old daughter? Does anyone know what baby food with the airlines are like? What do they provide? And if so, are they on time in bring it to you or do I need to pre-arrange something with the airline? As for sleeping, she'll probably sleep in my lap or on the floor if there's any room. Should I take a pillow and blanket or do they provide it? What sort of things do I need to know? Any advice would be greatly apprecaited.

Thanks, regards, Saf
Hi Saf

I have a friend who travels with children all the time and she will only fly Emirates as she says they are fantastic with children!

Have a look at the website - they have quite a bit of info - I have copied some info for you below.

http://www.emirates.com/

You could also try calling the local office in Sydney:

City: SYDNEY
Agent: Emirates
Address: Level 4,
36 Clarence Street
Sydney
NSW 2000
Australia

Dialing Code: 0061
Telephone: (0)2-92909700

Good luck!
Lili

On the ground
You can pre-book seats, children's meals or any other special meal, just let our Reservations team know and we will be pleased to make the arrangements. We offer a selection of meals, especially planned to appeal to the younger palate. You can request a special meal when you book your child's ticket or at least 24 hours prior to departure. There is a variety to choose from - food items like burgers, chicken/fish fingers, French fries, chocolate, fruit and crisps, all presented on a specially designed tray set-up. Special meals are available for vegetarians and specific dietary requirements as well.

Unaccompanied Minors and Young Passengers are always boarded before other passengers, so that the cabin crew can seat them and stow their hand baggage.

Special Occasions
If your child is travelling on his/her birthday all you need to do is call our Reservations and we'll prepare a special cake as a gift to celebrate the event.

We will be also pleased to take a Polaroid photograph of children as a complimentary memento of their flight, where flight time permits.

In the air - a world of entertainment
Whenever you fly with Emirates, your child will find entertainment to suit them. There is a dedicated channel for our young passengers, CTV and Skysurfers. A selection of latest cartoons and family movies are available on this channel. Some of our flights also feature interactive games for all ages.

Skysurfers
If your child is aged between two and 16 years and flies frequently, we have a Skywards Skysurfers club, where a member is entitled to special Skysurfers treatment in lots of different ways. For instance, if your child likes to sit next to a window on a flight, being a Skysurfers member helps ensure he/she gets a window seat on the next flight.

A Skywards Skysurfer also earns Skywards Miles for every flight flown, and these Miles can be exchanged for great rewards such as free flights, books, toys and free trips to the amazing Wild Wadi Water Park in Dubai.

There is a members-only website which has interesting things for your child, like e-cards, screensaver, Travel Quiz, Travel Journal and Mileage Calculator.

Gabriella, Chiara & angel called home

I'm so glad someone asked this question - we will be travelling o'seas soon, too and will have a similar aged child. Please reply with advice!

Domestic Goddess Mum of Four!

I ave also responded to another post on this forum "is there any way that i can prepare to take my baby on a plane?"

with some info you might find useful...

Gabriella, Chiara & angel called home

Hi, I did read read your other post just after I replied to this one. That info is excellent as I have never flown with a child before. Thanks for posting the article, it is very helpful.

Domestic Goddess Mum of Four!

Sign in to follow this topic