Huggies Forum

thing you have learned from Rss

this forum is to post the things you have learned from eg. i have learned that i should not have given my baby the froth from my cappucino or some of my cake as i now always miss out!

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Ooh, what a subject....

I have learnt: Never to listen to everyones opinon on how to b/f, burp, change nappy, give bath etc.. after bub is born as you are far too vulnerable.

I have learnt: To pick one or two people who I trust and only listen to their advice on caring for a newborn.

I have learnt: Not to read too many books.

I have learnt: That everyone had a difficult, traumatic, terrible labour when I was pregnant.

I have learnt: That once I had, had my bub, everyones labour was easy peasy.

I have learnt: That no person anywhere is a perfect mother.

I have learnt: That I could possibly join the SAS!

I have learnt: That having a toddler is the best fun ever.

mum of 1

I have learnt to listen to everyone's advice when you are pregnant and have a newborn and are feeding etc and to take in what advice you want or need as everyone is different - the more you listen the more you might pick up and maybe 1 of th 100000 people who offer advice might be the advice who listen to you;. My daughter was really really sick when she was little and i was told by the hospital i was over reacting and to go home - i knew this wasnt right so i get a private 2nd opinion the next day to be told that had i not acted when i did my daughter would have died within 24 hours - if you know something is wrong get another opinion i learned not to take no for an answer - refuse to leave hospitals get a 2nd opinion.

Other things dont pick your baby up as soon as it cried, settle into a regular 4 hour feeding pattern as soon as you can, dont rock / pat your baby to sleep, getting into a routine is not difficult if oyu do what you are supposed to do, dont let parents / in laws force their way into everything and every event - stand your ground and have some family time with your hubbie and baby because once you let them in they always expect it, make sure you take some photos with you in them before they grow up.
Oh boy, I've learned a few things over the years, and have many more to learn.... here's a few..

I have learned..
* I can do three things at once - cook dinner, talk on the phone and put Barbie's head back on.
* A wet kiss and little arms around your neck is the best feeling ever
* playing in the rain is fun for grownups too
* I can have 4 kids and 4 favourites
* I can change a nappy in the boot of the car, on the bonnet or even when the baby is standing up
* I can eat a meal with one hand
* One day I will leave the house without someone else's food on me
* Baby wipes clean almost anything
* That everything is a stage and it will pass
* I sound just like my own Mum, even though I said I never would.

I love this topic, will try to think of some more.... anyone else?

Domestic Goddess Mum of Four!

hi everyone

i have learnt that the gut feeling you get is usually the correct feeling. and you shouldnt question yourself . a mum always knows best no matter what smile smile smile

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

I have learnt that
-Motherhood is also known as Sainthood
-My car is a taxi
-Not to worry about strange smells - it's either the mouldy sandwich down the back of the couch or the half eaten orange behind the TV
-Feeding a toddler is like feeding time at the zoo
-That no is the easiest and most fun word for a toddler
-That people without kids sleep far too much

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

gee emma you household sounds really crazy like mine.
you made me laugh about the mouldy food.
theres heaps of left overs at my mums place. smile the kids leave them there for next time hahaha!

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

i have learnt that house work comes last my daughters happiness comes first... no matter what a disaster zone the house is.

i have learnt that my daughters love means more than the world itsself and a flower picked by a grubby little chubby fist warms my heart more than my fiance bringing home a rose (on the odd occassion ....LOL)

i have learnt that time goes so quick it dont seem like that long ago my little girl was a little baby.

i have learnt that when your preggas everyone (if they have children or not) have to voice an opinion in how to raise your child.

i have learnt that the wiggles and bear in the big blue house save my sanity sometimes.. LOL

i have learnt that my daughter is a gift from god and to treasure her time with me always.

i have learnt a lot more but i just cant remember... LOL its getting late... LMAO

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

nyrrek, Chelby and Emmy-Lou

i had a huge and a good laugh when i read your entries.. LOL thanks....

its nice to laugh..

I have learnt: when changing my son, to cover him with a fashwasher if you don't want to have a shower.

To go up a size in nappies, even if they are not at the weight yet. It makes it easier to change them and they are not as soak through. The smaller nappy tends to leak quicker.

The smallest household item, can be hours of entertainment. Eg pegs.

When you have managed to teach your child a word and they repeat it for you.

Grap as much help as you can.
Thanks, Eilishsmummy, I really do value my kids as my most precious gift from God, too. I love the bit about the car being a taxi, except with four kids, mine is a maxi-taxi! My husband says it's my home-away-from-home. I call it my mobile home, though sometimes it looks more like a dumpster - oh well.

Domestic Goddess Mum of Four!

lol know what you mean.

how old are your children? we'd LOOOOOVE to have 4 i think its a great number since we are both the only children. my mum couldnt have anymore and bills mum lost twins at 4 months...

i love my daughter to bits. being a mummy is what i always wanted to be...

its soooo rewarding

Sign in to follow this topic