Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Compass Program "My Feotus" Did you see it?

Compass Program "My Feotus" Did you see it? Rss

I have just finished watching the Compass program tonight on the ABC called My Foetus which is a BBC documentary about abortion.

I actually felt physically sick when I saw it and really felt like crying through most of it.

Did anybody see it? What did you think?

Gabriella, Chiara & angel called home

i'm not a saddist or anything but i would have liked to see that.
i noticed that there is a disscussion page for the show monday night at 5pm. its moderated forum it said. http://abc.net.au/compass/

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

I did watch some of it and must say, I couldn't watch the rest of it. Pretty graphic I think.

Domestic Goddess Mum of Four!

I knew it was on, but refused to watch it. I read an article in Sundays sun regarding it & I think it would have been sickening to watch.

Regards

Michelle - Mum to 2

hi mum2gabriella.

i was reading a few of the forum posts on the compass site and im just curious as to why you think its a cop out?
Michelle.

I chose not to watch it. I know I would have cried all the way through it. What was the point of it. Abortion is a very personal choice and Im sure incredibly hard for anyone that ever has to experience it. Why do we need to see it on TV? We see enough as it is.

JZ mum to Bradley 17/08/03 and Heidi 25/02/06

Hi Michelle

I think it's a shirking of responsibility. It is just too easy to say "I am not eady for a baby" or "it's not the right time" and then get rid of it. I think abortion is a quick remedy. What they are not considering is the innocent victim - the child - who does not have a voice. A baby is such a gift, a precious miracle - what right do we have to decide to end it's life?

Gabriella, Chiara & angel called home

Hi Lili
can i ask you to consider this. (what would you do )

there is a man and a woman.
over a period of time this relationship becomes extremly violent, at one stage the man tries to strangle the woman with a thick bit of rope, he has also held knives at her throat and he has raped her. but to him because this lady is his girlfriend he thinks he has a right to treat her that way.
the woman goes to the police a files all the charges under the sun to keep this man out of her life , but he doesnt care about these things. and goes to her parents place with a pellet gun with threats to the family. so in order to keep the rest of her family safe she goes back with him- ....he wins again, by getting the cowardly power he has over her.

and then she finds out she is pregnant
(while being on the pill.)
she is faced with a major choice.
1- does she keep the child and have a life spent with knowing she is now forever attached to this man for the rest of her life. and living in fear for herself and the child with one eye always looking over her shoulder.and hopefully she doesnt end up resenting this child if she ever suffers a bout of depression her later years.
OR
2- does she make the sacrifice of terminating the pregnancy knowing what life would hold for her if the child weren't to be born into the world.
and there would be no chance of the man letting the child be adopted out .

if the child were adopted out then the man would spend his life searching for the child and then god knows what would happen then.

it just makes me so mad that so many ppl think its an easy choice or a cop out to terminate a life.
i am against those people who choose to use abortion as a form of contraception and it is too easy for some ppl. but there are ALOT of people that would suffer if they kept an unwanted child. including the child.

Michelle

what happened i missed it. is there any information some where for it.. what was wrong????

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

Hi Narelle
it was all about abortion and i didnt see the show, but they showed an abortion being done and apparently it was very graphic

Hi Lili
i put a post here before and it went to the moderator.maybe it wont get through.

ohhh really.

i dont think i could have watched that. i would have been distraught...

thank god i missed it.

thanks for the reply.

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

Sign in to follow this topic